Dancers Anonymous > "Deathly Hallows" Anticipation Group!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Twilight_Elena, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Easily solved. He reads his book, you read this one. :D

T_E

2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

That doesn't fly so well. It's kind of a "rule" that if something is "ours", then we get first dibs on reading it. The other person keeps their paws off. (To be fair, I enforced this rule when either book 4 or 5 came out. He enforces it monthly with magazines.)

3. Twilight_Elena

:? Go get a second copy? Can't think of anything else...

T_E

4. Peaches

Seriously debating it. We've got two copies of Book 6. We spend the entire weekend sitting next to each other reading.

What was hell was when I finished before he did, and couldn't say anything. He was "savoring." Grrr...

5. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

So who listened to T_E and tried reading my spoiler? You know it's not a joke - she's just misleading ya ;)

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yep! Something to tell the children/grandchildren that you did! Think of the comerady in keeping awake with the others queueing! lol! (The only thing I queue for is to board a bus, at the checkout in supermarket or to use the ATM/Cashpoint machine. Anything else? :nope: If I can avoid it!

I read it. Am not saying anything! :tongue:

10 years of Harry Potter already! Gosh, I remember when I read the first one, almost three years ago! Is it Goblet of Fire where the student is killed? I got the one after that and was so upset with that one, I read about 1/10th of the next one and now, it is somewhere in a box! I remember staying awake to read the first three or four as if it were yesterday! Still haven't seen any of the movies though. :rolleyes:

7. Tori

Tori New Member

Yeah I can't believe it's been ten years...
    I remember being seven years old and my Dad was dragging me around to all these bookstores looking for some stupid Harry Potter books that he could never find... eventually I got them for Christmas and grudgingly started reading them, only because I have always loved reading, and I have always read really fast, so I had nothing else to read.
    The short and short of it is they ended up being an obsession when I was younger... can't believe it's over..

8. Twilight_Elena

I was at summer camp when I read the first one. I was maybe twelve. I borrowed it from a girl who wasn't really reading it, and became obsessed with it.
    Only one day left! Squee!

9. tj

tj New Member

They were saying on the news last night that people were already :shock: starting to camp out for the book.

10. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

I got my wrist band. One hours in line today morning. Going to get my book tonight - whee!!!

Just finished re-reading HBP.

I think Snape killed Dumbledore because that was their secret plan :)

11. Tori

Tori New Member

I dunno, it's hard to tell with Snape.
    I'd like to think their was some underlying deal that he and Dumbledore had regarding what to do if a situation like that arose. But you never know... maybe Snape is an evil prat. He's still my favorite character.

12. tj

tj New Member

Just bought my copy. No wait, plenty of copies. :p

13. Peaches

DH went to the store and bought 2 copies...we've been reading them nonstop. Are ensconced with chips, drinks, and other food.

Interestingly, our neighborhood has been absolutely SILENT all day long. There are tons of kids here, it's a perfect day, and we have neither seen nor heard a peep from any of them! Not hard to figure out why.

14. suburbaknght

suburbaknght Well-Known Member

Finished! Been with the series for six years and... I can't believe it's over.

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

had to laugh this morning... my oldest (19) picked up the book this morning around 1 am, as he was passing by the new-release party at the bookstore in town & they were open, had extras... so, he informs his younger (17) brother of this this morning... and the younger one actually calls first-dibs on reading the book! dear lord, whatta prince... so... i mean... as if...

what chutzpah even to try, tho... :rolleyes:

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

how fun! :D

yep, same here. i predicted yesterday night over dinner that by sunday evening it was going to feel like christmas or new years morning around town...

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

okay... howzit end???

no, no, no... just kidding... LOL

18. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

is the autograph on the cover box of teh deluxe edition real or a print?

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

am quite sure it's print, not real, quix. unless you waited in a helluva long line somewhere in britain for it... or paid some astronomical figure.

20. Peaches

Finished. Can't believe it's over. I think I'm in shock.