Dancers Anonymous > "Demanding" pets!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: My sister's tabby cat has developed a habit or putting his paws on my leg to remind me that he is there and "you are not paying me any attention" :lol:

For those with cats, do yours do this straight away or do they develop it?

2. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I have two cats... I'd say they either do it straight away... or never really do it!

3. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Mine tends to hop onto the bed or couch and start punching me in the stomach or paws at my leg.

4. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

Be thankful you have a cat doing that. I grew up with a Giant Schnauzer with the same me-me-me personality, and she weighs as much as I do! :shock:
    It's amazing how much you miss that abuse when you're not there anymore (no, the dog's ok...I'm in a different country) :cry:

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

My fish are extremely demanding!!

6. Patapouf

Patapouf New Member

:shock: How??

7. Patapouf

Patapouf New Member

Well, one of my guy friends always says that the most demanding pets are women. :lol:

8. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

:lol: :lol: Hilarious! That's what I want. Demanding fish. :D

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: just as a lot of women refer to men as children :wink: :lol:

so, if women = pets and men = children, it is no wonder we get along sometimes and at other times we don't/the "pet" feels neglected and bites the "child's" hand :twisted: :lol:

10. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I have two demanding cats and one spoiled dog. If the cats can just "see" the bottom of their bowls...you'll know about it. They'll be following you all over the house with this weird earthy meow echoing behind them (they are Manx).

The Cocker...she's spoiled rotten. There are some words I have to spell so she doesn't flip out. Words like "R-I-D-E" or "P-O-T-T-Y" or "T-R-E-A-T." In the middle of the night, when she isn't asleep in my water bed with her HEAD ON A PILLOW. I'll suddenly feel weird like someone is watching me. Lord help me if I open my eyes cause she is standing over me staring at me...nose 3-inches from mine....silently conveying "get up slave, I have to potty...who cares if it is 3 a.m." If she notices me open a eye, she'll smack a paw right down on my chest or face...or shove her wet nose under my hand.

The most fun word to say is "Bath" especially if she's being annoying. I'll say, "are you ready for your bath?" and she will hide for about a half hour. Other fun words include CRATE and BED.

She really is a pretty good dog though...when it actually is bath time, the command repeated a couple of times will prompt her to slink into the bathroom and hop in the tub. When she sees me brush my teeth in the morning getting ready for work, that is apparently a sign of things to come and she'll disappear. I'll find her laying in her crate waiting to be shut in. And, with her pretty wide vocabulary you can ask her what she wants and she'll indicate (for example, "Are you hungry?"...she'll go ape-s*** if she is; or "Do you have to potty?" and she'll run to the door).

My pets are essentially my children. I prefer them to real children at any rate. :)

11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

12. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Today my roomate wouldn't pay attention to my cat, as she was talking on the phone. The cat rubbed against her legs - no attention. The cat crawled into her lap - no attention. The cat interrupted the phone conversation by crawling onto my roomate's chest and sticking a paw into her mouth - voila! Attention to the cat! Not quite the attention that the cat had in mind, though, I suspect. :)

13. squirrel

squirrel New Member

My male cat always craves for attention! If you don't pay attention to him, he meows and walks all over the house following you! :)

The female only craves for food! :shock: :lol:

14. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Oscar's a Chihuahua-terrier mix (rat terrier, we think) and he takes both sides very seriously. As a Chihuahua, he needs to occupy a lap as soon as it forms (ie, as soon as I sit down) and will stand there on his hind legs with his foreclaws digging into my thigh until I let him up. As a terrier, he can spend hours on "possum watch", sitting at attention outside by the back door watching the fence intently waiting for a possum to come along. All I have to do is even whisper the word "outside" and he's at the back door eager to go on watch.

Indoors, as soon as I appear to him to feel playful (ie, as soon as I pay him any attention or do a little dance step) he runs out of the room to fetch a toy; this often involves him taking a flying leap off the bed. He'll either come back with a tennis ball or with a stuffed-animal skin (all that's left of the stuffed animal toys we've gotten him at various times; the terrier in him immediately kills them, repeatedly), drop it about 4 feet away from me, back off a couple feet, and then stare intently at it waiting for me to make my move. If I'm not paying any attention, he'll then pick it up and throw it at me -- he's gotten pretty good at tossing that ball. And if the ball rolls under a piece of furniture where he can't get at it, he immediately seeks one of us out to get it for him, even if we're off in the other room; my wife calls it his "Come quick! Timmy's fallen in the well" (reference to the old Lassie TV show where the dog would try to get you to follow them to whom you needed to rescue).

And a few times a week, he'll suddenly decide that he wants a dog biscuit and he'll do his utmost to lead me into the kitchen and to point me to where the "cookie jar" is. Only one and he never asks twice on the same day.

He's also the only one of the 8 dogs I've had who does the "Snoopy dance" when I'm getting him his food. And he's also the only one I've had who vocalizes (the most vocalizing our last dog did was to grumble a lot while she ate).

15. 007

007 New Member

i have 2 dogs that refuse to sleep anywhere except with me. my boy sleeps under the blanket curled up next to me while my baby girl sleeps on my feet. if there arentt here they wont sleep and will whine all night. they are both about 40 lbs right now to :(

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

By swimming around the tank and banging himself into the glass if I haven't fed him recently. That's how. :lol: