Dancers Anonymous > Despair.com

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Oct 30, 2003.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

You have got to read some of these. You know those "positive thinking" plaques? Well here is the hilarious opposite.

www.despair.com

Click on the links on the right side of this page:

http://despair.com/indem.html

One of my favorites:

Sacrifice - Your Role May be Thankless, But if You're Willing to Give it Your All, You Just May Bring Success to Those Who Outlast You.

Mistakes - It Could Be That The Purpose of Your Life is to Serve as a Warning to Others.

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

3. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

:lol: This is awesome!!! :lol:

4. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I have Ineptitude on my wall!

If you can't learn to do something well, learn to enjoy doing it poorly.

Cheers
    Sarah

5. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

Oh My Gosh

I just went to a leadership conference in D.C. in August, and I was part of the Motivation group. This site is exactly opposite of what I learned, but it is so cool. I'm going to put them all over my walls, and all my friends will think I'm a freak.

(amazing isn't it, how fast teens warm up to depressing notions that go against everything they learned in kindergarten and by watching Barney?)

6. Sarah

Sarah New Member

I dunno about that - and it's not just teens, either. Its just that somehow, there's a fundamental disconnect between the way things are and the way we're told they should be (by Barney and teen learership courses) - and that it's comforting to know that you're not the only one that thinks that way ;).

I'll leave you with a favourite quote, from Babylon 5.
    "You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Cheers
    Sarah <cynical, but not depressed>