Dance Ads > Desperately seeking TONY and friends

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Act Too, Feb 23, 2004.

?

How difficult is it to find good dancers for amateur shows?

1. Easy

100.0%
  2. Hard

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Impossible!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Act Too

Act Too New Member

Act Too Productions are producing the hit musical Copacabana (by Barry Manilow) at The Hawth Theatre in Crawley, Sussex ENGLAND from 7th -12th June 2004. This show is full of advanced latin dance.

Open auditions were Sunday 22nd Feb and we found 8 great female dancers with the latin ability required for the show.

Unfortunately we only found 2 suitable male dancers.

We still need TONY (the lead) who must be a good singer and actor as well as being able to dance. (Playing age 20's/30's)

We also need 6 or more trained male dancers preferrably with Latin experience. We would also be pleased to see dance couples.

If this is you or you know somebody who can help please contact us urgently as 2nd auditions for the parts will be held in Crawley on the evening of Monday 1st March.

Please visit our web site www.acttoo.co.uk or email the director direct at lance@acttoo.co.uk :( :?:

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Welcome Act Too!! And hope that you find the people whom you are looking for. I know that we have a few members from UK.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Good luck with the show, Act Too. 8)

4. Act Too

Act Too New Member

Thank you very much for making us welcome.

We put on 2 shows a year and it is always difficult to find good dancing men in our area.

We hope that by being members of forums such as this will help put us in touch with the right sort of people.

5. pygmalion

I hope so, too. Good dancing men can be hard to find here, too, especially if you're looking for ones willing to dance in front of an audience. :?

6. Act Too

Act Too New Member

It can be so frustrating can't it! :roll: Still we keep providing the opportunities, one day somebody will make the most of them and we will be inundated with men and dancers wanting to be involved. :D

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Hmm, I wonder if the "problem" is being able to find a guy who can sing AND dance. Even the movies had a problem but it was easier for them (just dub the singing voice over and in the "olden" days, from what I gather, dub the speaking voice too :oops: )

Even the pop world have a problem so they engineer the singer's voice or give them tons of dance classes and hope for the best :roll:

Goodluck with your quest. I suppose a female playing the "male" lead is not a possibility?

8. Act Too

Act Too New Member

If only we could do that. Unfortunately the audience would twig very early on. The right person will come along and the wait will all be worth it.

Just hope that somebody arrives soon, we start rehearsals on the 7th march!! :shock: :oops: :headwall:

Hey, you are all so nice in this forum. Thank you all for your support, it makes me feel much better about the whole thing! :friend:

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

We aim to please! :D

...and good luck!

10. pygmalion

Best of luck, Act Too. Please don't forget to check in and let us know how it went. 8)

11. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:oops: True. :idea: Artistic licence though :wink:

12. Act Too

Act Too New Member

We will keep our fingers crossed not to need artistic license although you are right pacion.

Will definitely keep you all posted.

Can't see me leaving this forum in hurry either way, it's most informative and interesting.

13. Act Too

Act Too New Member

GREAT NEWS!!

We found a marvellous Tony, six dancing guys who are fab and the rest of a great cast. Things work out in the end. :lol: :wink: :banana:
    Thanks to you all for you support and keeping me somewhere near sain during this trying time. :D

fondest regards to you all :cheers:

14. pygmalion

Yay! :cheers: Good luck with the production, and be sure to let us know how it goes. :D

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Did anyone mention pictures? :wink: :D

16. Act Too

Act Too New Member

:D Hello,

Sorry its been a while we've been busy at rehearsals.

After all that worry you would not believe the standard of guy dancers we have 6 of the very best guys and 8 girls. The dancing is just fantastic.

Will keep you all posted.

Fondest

17. pygmalion

Fantastic! Glad to see you back. If you take video or pictures of the show, please post or link to them here. I'd love to see. :D 8)

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Glad to hear that things shaped up and are going so well Act Too! :D