Dance Ads > DF Reunion East -- First Vote

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by pygmalion, Apr 4, 2004.

?

Where would you like to go for DF Reunion East?

1. Yankee Classic June 17 - 20, Cambridge, MASS Ballroom

100.0%
  2. May I Have this Dance (June or September) Catskills Mixed Dance Styles

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pitt Stop Lindy Hop Nyovember 12 - 14, Pittsburg, PA Lindy Hop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Capital Dancesport, August 26 - 28, Alexandria, VA Ballroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. USA Grand Nationals May 27 - 31, Atlanta, GA Swing and Shag

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Virginia State Dancesport Championships July 15 - 18, 2004 Ballroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hotlanta Dance Challenge October 16, 2004 Atlanta Ballroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Salsa Event TBD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Other -- Please comment

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. USABDA Southeast Regionals Atlanta Ballroom

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Undoubtedly, we'll need a runoff for this one. We've already had ten different events suggested, and no one has even suggested any salsa events yet. :shock:

Not sure how to approach this, because with so many choices, I suspect any results we get will be diluted. Hmm.

Well, here goes. What event would you prefer to attend?

2. pygmalion

3. pygmalion

Hmm. Doesn't anyone care to vote for where we go next? I guess Cambridge it is ... :twisted: :lol:

4. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Shoot... it's too hard to just pick one. Can't we just recall six for a final round, then rank ordinally? Don't we have an independent scrutineer/accounting firm among us to do this? :)

P.S. Besides, some of us have to check calendars and make sure we can do some of these events. Not to mention... money.

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

1. 2004 NYC salsa congress...

Dates:
    August 19 - 22, 2004
    Thursday thru Sunday

53rd Street and Ave of the Americas

And if you want to plan even further ahead the congress will be on labor day weekend for 2005,2006, and 2007

A link is here: NY Salsa Congress

6. Christina75

Christina75 New Member

:? Maybe I shouldn't have voted, not sure. I wouldn't compete in anything, just be interested in watching the show. :)
    I picked an Atlanta event simply because I'm cheap and didn't want to go too far. :?

Christina

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Heck, I'm a left coaster and I picked Yankee because theirs an outside chance I might be back in Boston around that time...

8. pygmalion

This first round is just for screening, and I think the more votes we get, the better.

9. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

How about Diamond DanceSport in September?????????? It's here in Florida and it happens the weekend of my birthday. 8)

10. SDsalsaguy

Not to take anything away from your birthday, but if you guys were to do something in FL in September I'd think the USDSC would be a better bet...

11. pygmalion

From a dance perspective, I'm sad to say I agree. (Plus Super Bimmer has already bought his tickets/entries for USDSC :D )

From an add-on vacation perspective, Orlando's much more diverse than Miami/Hollywood. I've done both.

12. SDsalsaguy

Ooops, guess my hard-core dance perspective is showing again! :oops: :oops: :oops:

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

14. pygmalion

More food for thought. South FL has a fantastic Argentine tango scene and arguably one of the best salsa scenes in the country. (Right up there with LA and NYC)

Orlando's advantages? Mickey Mouse and Shamu. LOL. Of course, those ARE advantages if you're taking vacation time. On top of which, I would host the "party," if it was in my backyard. I'm just not convinced that 's the best we can do, dance-wise.

15. etchuck

etchuck New Member

I'm sure there are also some hot lookin' chicks in south Florida too. :)

Okay, I guess the guys are probably nice there too. :D

As for Orlando... perhaps.

16. pygmalion

Anybody else care to vote? 8)

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

With the exception of July and November, Care and I are booked for events/competitions for the rest of the year through World's In January 2005.

I take it that the Pitt Stop (November) is solely Lindy, and the Virginia Dancesport (July) is strictly ballroom (pun int.)???

18. pygmalion

Um, folks. We have to decide something ...before all the hotel rooms get booked up. :shock: :lol:

19. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Well...I finally voted...for The Yankee Classic!

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Am I correct in my understading of the Yankee classic? Basically you compete or watch people compete. No dancing available?