Dancers Anonymous > Dinner time club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Sagitta, Aug 16, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cold cereal's good for a no-cook dinner, too. 8)

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

For dinner?

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

leftovers..

4. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Essential!

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

In Japan, the word "snack" means an expensive bar where "hostesses" entertain you(-er...men, usually!).

6. pygmalion

Heck yeah! You never heard of the good old breakfast for dinner tradition? :roll: :wink:

Besides, you can't beat cereal. Almost everybody keeps some in the cupboard, right? You can eat it with or without milk. It's relatively low in calories and usually low in fat. Depending on what kind you eat, it could be whole grain -- high in fiber -- and enriched -- a good source of vitamins and minerals. It takes two seconds to prepare. Just one dish and maybe a spoon. Cereal rocks! :rocker: :lol:

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'll bite for the cereal thing. But it terms of healthy it depends what kind as some are very high in sugar.

8. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Yikes! So when you get in the cab and ask the driver to take you somewhere for a snack, you're getting a little more than you bargained for!!!

9. pygmalion

True. Ya gotta read the labels. 8) And stay away from granola, if you're looking for low-calorie/low-fat. 8)

10. lynn

lynn New Member

whenever i buy cereal, i check for calorie (per cup - some list in 1/2 cup!) and fiber content

11. pygmalion

Check for grams of sugar, too. Some "sugary"cereals really aren't all the bad, IMO. And some "healthy" cereals have lots of hidden sugar.

And you can't go wrong with good old cheerios. 8) Supposedly (according to the advertising on the package) they "may help lower cholesterol" levels, as well. 8)

12. lynn

lynn New Member

it's like checking for sodium content why buying chips :? ...

Just the other day I was searching for cereal (we have very limited variety in vancouver....). The best ones i could find (high fiber/low sugar) are almost all organic. I wonder if there's a correlation between people who produce organic food just want an overall healthy alternative.

13. pygmalion

Good point. Let's hear it for fruit loops! Lots of sugar, artifical food colors, and preservatives. Yum. :lol:

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I don't usually eat cereal but on occasion I like the grainy Muesli (sp?) available at the import stores here. There are dozens of varieties with dried fruit and nuts, and have very little added sugars. Great fer snackin'!

15. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Absolutely, since most cabbies don't speak English. Also, a lot of those places are owned by gangsters. You sit down, have one drink and they charge you $200. Steer clear of those snacks.

16. lynn

lynn New Member

whoa...better stick to homemade snack!

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

For sure! Japan is a fairly safe country and people aren't out there to blatanly rip you off like they do some places, but you have to be careful of the nightclubs and "snacks". This is common sense if you are a solo male traveler.

18. lynn

lynn New Member

i've heard it's even worse in China. If you are a single male traveller, you get unsolicited entertainment at night in your hotel room :shock: !

19. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'll keep that in mind. You like the homemade variety. :wink: :lol:

This is fun. The double entendres, the play, now that we know what snack means in Japan. :lol:

Italian sausage with mustard, green peppers and onions. :D

20. lynn

lynn New Member

You're absolutely right!

Dinner? water...again....