Dancers Anonymous > Dinner time club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Sagitta, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I've seen the ads and the gym, just not sure what is their philosophy

2. lynn

lynn New Member

just came back from dinner.....feel like i've swallowed a ton of fat!! makes me want to gobble down a gallon of tea to wash away the fat that's stuck to my artery!!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I remember two basic principles from reading the book. One, you can maintain a target body weight and still eat a reasonable amount of food. You diet to get to the weight you want, then train your body to eat normally without gaining.

And two, their workout is on specially designed machines that multiple muscle groups at once. So you're not "wasting" the recovery time between sets. While one group of muscles is resting, you're working a corresponding muscle group. Hence the short workouts. All the muscle groups can be completed (according to the book) is about a half-hour circuit.

4. pygmalion

Yikes. What did you have for dinner?

5. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, let's see, bunch of see food & tons of fried stuff....whew, am i glad i don't have any of the cholesterol/blood sugar/pressure problem!

6. pygmalion

Yet. :roll: :wink:

7. lynn

lynn New Member

i think it's plain salad (hold the dressing) for me for the next week or so to let all those grease dissolve...

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

You are a vegetarian that has sea food?

9. pygmalion

I always order my dinner salad that way -- just naked veggies for me, thanks. And you wouldn't believe the strange looks I get from the wait staff. One guy (who offered me dressing multiple times, then oil and vinegar, and finally, lemon wedges) brought me my salad, slung it on the table, and said, "Enjoy your lettuce!" He sounded really snide, too. What's it to him how I eat my salad? :?

Besides, I also ordered the best sandwich in the world to go with my salad -- a reuben, in all its fatty, dressing-drenched glory. Yum. 8) :D

10. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, it really ruins my appetite when i get poor service in a restaurant - fast food chains are exceptions! I hope the rude waiters/waitresses realize there's a correlation between their attitude & the tips!

11. pygmalion

Nothing in the world can ruin my appetite when a reuben's on the menu. :wink: :lol:

12. lynn

lynn New Member

reuben sandwich?? gotta try that! is it the same as those sandwiches that are sold at mcdonald's (in an attempt to clean up their artery-clogging menu)??

13. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I like lemon with mine - salad that is.

14. lynn

lynn New Member

lemon....remind me of those ol' days when i used to drink lemon juice to try to lose weight.....

15. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

I'm having hmemade pizza for supper tonight! :D :D :D

16. lynn

lynn New Member

i'm having....oh, wait, i won't be home for dinner...that means....*gasps*...no dinner for me!!

17. pygmalion

Had you considered the possibility of actually eating three entire meals, one of these days, missy? :wink: :lol:

18. lynn

lynn New Member

um...that would be my new year's resolution! which year?? eh....that's still under discussion....

19. lynn

lynn New Member

someone should invent those nutrient pills - you know, the ones that you take and fills you up and has enough vitamin/mineral/fat/carbs/fiber to keep you going all day!!!

am i the only one who's experiencing the cycl of: hungry = too lazy too cook = even more hungry = even more lazy to not want to cook??

20. pygmalion

You've been watching The Jetsons again, haven't you? :roll: