Dancers Anonymous > Dinner time club

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Sagitta, Aug 16, 2005.

1. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

chicken cutlet with rice

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

leftovers from the past few days of cooking frenzy for all meals; veal parmesan w/ ratouille, ginger chicken stir fry with fresh veggies, pasta salad, red beans and rice, tossed salad...desserts were coconut cake, blackberry cheesecake, and chocolate chip cookies....haven't had any dessert

3. fascination

chocolate entemanns donut and coffee,then homemade chicken salad on a few tortilla chips, white zin

4. fascination

turkey tacos on whole grain shells, w/sharp cheddar and green olives, more coffee, probably white zin after I practice

5. fascination

red moscato, jalapeno poppers

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Lasagne. Last supper before new diet regimen, so I figured I'd go out with a bang. :wink:

7. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

No appetite. Feeling too ugh.

8. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

9. fascination

pork chops in a rub broiled with sauerkraut and apples, rice steamed with sundried tomato paste, almonds, celery green onion and safflower oil, white zin and raspberry yogurt for dessert

10. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Roast corn on the cob, grilled salmon, a new salad recipe (red cabbage, carrot and fennel bulb in a honey-mustard vinaigrette). Bing cherries for dessert. A glass of interesting wine - cofermented Pinot Gris / Pinot Noir (since it's Father's Day).

11. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

london broil with mushroom sauce and wild rice

12. pygmalion

Grilled chicken tenderloins. A mountain of green stuff.

13. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oy. A day of healthy eating blown out of the water with dinner: leftover massaman curry.

14. pygmalion

15. pygmalion

16. Peaches

I have yet to figure out how curry would last that long, lol. It wouldn't be that bad...except for the red meat and the coconut milk. High fat and all, which I do try to limit. Unsuccessfully, but the intention is there. Yes, I know there are competing ideas about what constitutes healthy; all I know is, I know what makes me feel good and what doesn't.

That said, real food (aka, not processed) with real spices, even if high in fat, is fine for a treat now and again. And I haven't had this curry in ages!

(You like how I manage to justify things? ;))

17. Peaches

Funny thing-- curry leaves give me the worst heartburn and upset stomach. I don't know why, and I can't prove causation, but the correlation is too great to ignore. Not that it stops me...

I have half a mind to make curried chickpeas now. DH loves them, and how can they not be healthy? Although I have been wanting to try making some Persian food. Hmmm...

18. fascination

2 27 oz maragritas on the rocks with no salt...one taco which I only ate because I think I should...applying bengay soon...who does this?...ow ow ow...and why am I not awesome?...how much more torment will it require?

19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

chicken with rice

20. fayeh

fayeh Member

It's my first time making beef stew... My husband is eating a cold pasta salad instead.