Ballroom Dance > Videos > Dmitry Timokhin

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Casey, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Casey

Casey Member

Dmiitry Timokhin is dancing w/ Nataliya Petrova, who recently split from her partner Egor, and tancor.ru has some videos. The rumba is wonderul - this partnership seems like it might work better than his short-lived one w/ Karina after his original partner Anna Bezikova was injured and retired.

2. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Thanks for posting, Casey! I watched the videos, and I really like this new partnership. Physically they are well balanced, and the new lady is very rhythmical.

I especially enjoyed their cha-cha. The rumba is nice, I'd love to see a bit more softness from her...

Looking forward to watching the couple!

3. Casey

Casey Member

Yes, softness would be the supreme province of Anna Bezikova - she was unique, I think. - Joanna & Yulia are both fantastic, but not much for softness. Nataliya and her former partner Egor are featured a little bit in the 2007 Blackpool pro latin semi-final.

4. Natalka

Natalka Member

Yes, I generally get the feel that the dancesport ladies who have very "athletic" physiques tend to be a little more tom-boy-ish (Yulia, Joanna, Nataliya...all very athletic) whereas the ones who have a more "womanly" physique (such as Anna Bezikova, Charlotte Egstrand, etc...) are softer, more sensual. I just think the body type lends itself to different styles of performance...

5. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

The reason I loved Dmitri and Anna together was because while he is probably one of the more "manly" male dancers around, she was female personified - sensual, sexy, with soft, rhythmic movement.

Dmitri is still a very masculine dancer; this new girl is no Anna but they make a nice couple...

6. Casey

Casey Member

Who else could go in Natalka's posited category with Anna Bezikova and Charlotte Egstrand? Charlotte, especially with Holger Nitsche, was like a dancing Marilyn Monroe - just luminescent.