Swing Discussion Boards > "Do" Two Girls At Once???

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

How many of you WCS dancers have ever done two girls at once???
    . . . I'm talking about dancing . . . :roll:

I have. It's actually very fun. Besides WCS, I've danced the 2-Step and Waltz with two girls at once.

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I've only doubled up in salsa so far... my WCS is still lagging a bit too much for me to be willing to ask two women to subject themselves to that! :oops:

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

WOW . . . that would be "sexy" in a Salsa!!!!

4. salsarhythms

salsarhythms New Member

Doubling up in salsa is a lot of fun...

I've done it with Merengue also (much easier)

5. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Three-way

I have led two-follower east coast swing, cha-cha, salsa, contra dancing (when it requires three people), and merengue. On the photo-link in my sig file there is a pic of three-person WCS, and I do have a short video of it too (not on the website though). I have seen someone do two-follower lindy.

I'm still working on dancing with two girls in tango... :wink:

Try 2:1 lead:follow cha-cha... that's interesting.

6. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Cha Cha, now that wold be interesting . . . with the amount of compression needed and the body leads . . . I'll have to try it!

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I have "shared" a guy :wink: in salsa. I giggled so much, it was great. Sadly, there don't seem to be many guys who are prepared to have a go. I wonder why that is? :cry: I know, you can't do quite as many complex moves but it is still a challenge :D

8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I just think it "man's thing" to have the two women! Has to do with fantasies and all :twisted:

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I am happy, no make that delighted, to help fullfil his fantasies, but only on the dancefloor :wink: I don't share off the dancefloor :D

10. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Another fun thing to do, is in the Hustle. Where two guys and one girl dance . . . only two dance at one time, but then the one guy puts her into a turn or spin in, the other guy picks her for a few moves, then passes her off to the other guy for another few moves, before he passes her back.

It can become a contest to see how "tricky" you can get with the girl as you pass her off again . . .

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Do that in salsa a lot too... more then I double up on leading actually.

12. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

That's where my fantasies are . . . always on the dance floor :roll:

13. lily

lily Member

I've shared a lead in swing East Coast Swing a few times and it was really fun! I can't imagine how you can dance 3 people to a Waltz though. How does that work when normally you are so close to your partner when you waltz?

Another cool 'partner sharing' trick that I love is when 2 guys dance with he same girl but take it in turns, each one 'stealing' her from the other several times throughout the song. It's great fun to watch and see how the guy will jumo in and take over and it's really fun to be a part of. Once I was dancing with my partner and I saw him say hello to a couple who were dancing next to us. The next thing I knew, I had spun around in a pivot and there was the friend waiting for me instead of my partner. I burst out laughing and finished the dance off with him, while my partner continued dancing with the girl he had 'stollen' 8)

14. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I've seen it done in the C&W clubs, but never done so myself.

15. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Not that I've tried it personally with waltz, but basically the leader is sandwiched between the two followers, though the more confident follower has to basically shadow the leader. You don't do too many difficult moves in waltz... basic box steps, traveling boxes, sways, and underarm turns... maybe free spins. If there are other ways to do two-follower waltz, I'm all ears. But too bad you can't do that in Viennese waltz.

Everything else you are talking about (handing off a follower between two leaders) is "juggling" to me. People do that a lot with "birthday dances" around here. I suppose that when my birthday comes around again, I should request THREE-follower merengue. :)

16. etchuck

etchuck New Member

It's pretty fun... I tried it out at one of my first ballroom comps which offered it as a fun competition. In general you just lead your partners into simple New Yorkers, hand-to-hands, and free-spins... three-way chase (leader chasing between both followers). If you are a bit more savvy though...

There was one fun cha-cha competition where one guy wound up cha-cha "dancing" with four followers. That requires a bit of explanation, but suffice it to say, that group did not advance to the finals.

Of course, it's been a long time since I've done two-follower cha-cha... I'm horribly out of practice. :cry:

17. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I've heard this referred to as "double buggin'" in lindy

18. alfborge

alfborge New Member

Double buggin... In Sweden they have a dance called "Bug (or maybe Bugg)". This dance is often danced with two followers, in which case it's called "Double Bug(g?)".

We do the "juggling of lead"/hustle thing, but we call it stealing jam. This might be different though, since we actually _do_ steal here. The new lead (or the new follower) sneaks in and takes over without interupting the dance. The smoother the transitions the more fun to watch (and do).

19. tsb

tsb Well-Known Member

in my experiences the girl has always wanted a second guy!

i've done salsa & lindy w/ 2 followers - simultaneous multiple turns!

20. lily

lily Member

Oh my!!! :wink: 8) :cheers: