Do You Fall Romantically For Your Dance Partners?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by chook, Sep 9, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it is falling in love if you don't also have a friendship outside of dancing....and I agree...there are levels of attraction...I can notice that a man is reasonably attractive and enjoy dancing close w/ him but not neccessarily find him attractive in a way that effects me if you know what I mean.......and truly if you have no external relationship it is more fantasy than love....and speaking of that, you can also love someone you dance with and find them attractive and not be in love with them (IMO)
  2. tacad

tacad New Member

Let me save you some time: It ain't gonna happen. :wink:
  3. clave

clave New Member

"Partner" as in "I went to a club last night and danced with this girl" or "partner" as in "I practice for a competition with this girl for eight hours a week"? When people work together it's common to develop feelings even if you initially weren't physically attracted to the person. But casual dancing, I actually find that I'm definitely not romantically attracted to a vast majority of girls I dance with in clubs. Meaning, out of a hundred or so girls in a club I may develop fantasies about one or two. But then, I'm not looking. I'm sure if I got to know more of them the number would go up.

As for never dating anyone you meet in salsa, it seems rather silly to exclude potential life partners because you have a common interest. What exactly are you looking for in a relationship, absolute separation of activities? Might as well get a pen pal in Africa then...
  4. Matrix

Matrix New Member

I am YET to see 2 dance partners who don't end up having rough sex after a while....

what a joke...
  5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

OMG i hope you are wrong...(i think)
  6. chook

chook New Member

Post Edited.
  7. genEus

genEus New Member

Watch how, once you're good (if you're not already), salseras will be dropping at your feet ;) You won't be lonely for long, chook. :lol:
  8. hepcat

hepcat New Member

I rarely fall for girls I dance with. Sure I find them attractive and may go out on the occassional date with one of them, but I rarely fall for one of them.

However, I'm making a distinction between girls I dance with and a dance partner. I haven't had many dance "partners". I've had two that have been close enough to fall into that category. I fell for one of them, the other I was just attracted to. I think that the reason I fell for the one was a combination of intimate dancing and the type of person she is. If you take out the intimate dancing, I'm not sure I'd have fallen for her. Maybe, maybe not. But without her being a nice person off the dance floor, I don't think I'd have fallen for her even with the intimate dancing.

So I think that dancing is a catalyst. If the right ingredients are there, dancing can make it happen. If you're not a match, no harm done, and you had fun along the way.

-Hepcat
  9. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

Nope, but I have a 5-7 minutes loveaffair on the dancefloor betraying my husband :oops: .
    And he betrays me at the same time at the other side of the dancefloor :lol:

A very good way to release the passion you feel inside without harming anyone.

/luc
  10. Thats right, im not saying that you will fell atracted to everyone you dance... But im sure that you do sometimes (Well actually I dont know you but I guess). Im not talking about love or anything, just heat of the moment.
    Of course Im talking about my experience, how can I talk about everyones? Im not everyone and I dont know everyone. But what I think I say, so why not put it on debate?
    I think that dancing is a social activitie, and with social activities you may make friends (At least I do...), and sometimes you hook up with someone.
    Thats all...
  11. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

No, never....
  12. ash88

ash88 New Member

You're dancing with the wrong leaders :wink:
  13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I'm leading the wrong women! :?
  14. leaf

leaf New Member

no... cant... will not...
  15. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Looks like you're shy of optimism :wink: I live my life with hopes and dreams. Life's uncertain except that every beginning has an ending; who knows I may never live to see tomorrow, but I can at least hope to be alive tomorrow. And it is this hope that helps me appreciate the day that greets me more. Many people who've gone before us had dreamed things that others thought were impossible to achieve, and many did fulfill their dreams; we're enjoying the fruits of their dreams.
  16. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol: Rather I see it differently. 8) The struggle or conflict (between heart and mind in this case) brings about new and exciting ideas and events. If we try to resolve too much and make everything work together we end up forcing a resolution. But we did not grow. We did not experience the wonders out there that we could not see because we thought we knew how things were supposed to work and tried to make things fit as we thought they should be. I don't think heart and mind will ever fit but who knows what will
    be the wonderful outcome of the friction between the two.
  17. HF

HF New Member

Happened sometimes when I entered the salsa scene. But something in me has learned that it just means trouble - so not anymore.
  18. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I can see how I could become sexually interested in a dance partner. All that touching.....the sexy salsa music....... the smell of him and the heat of his body......

But fall romantically for him? Hmmm. :?

If only! :twisted:

Rosa :)
  19. chook

chook New Member

Post Edited.
  20. brujo

brujo New Member

My point is that when we fall in love, we project all this imaginary, unrealistic qualities into the other person. Kindness, passion, whatever. So we fall in love with our imagination, not the other person.