Salsa > Do You Fall Romantically For Your Dance Partners?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by chook, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

....and every ending marks a new beginning. :wink: 8)

2. africana

africana New Member

You men are so lucky, there are so many beautiful and young women that dance so you can afford to fall "in love" all the time.
    I happen to like tall goodlooking men my age (25) so I hardly ever fall "romantically" for dance partners :?
    Which is ok cause I'm there to dance not mate...but it would be nice once in a while ;)

3. lynn

lynn New Member

wow, took the words right out of my mouth! well said!

:applause: :applause:

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

brujo -- I think that is true 90% of the time and have said somthing very similar in some other thread (can't remeber which one now) but the point was you don't have to go home w/ that person and put up w/ their crap so fantasy is easier than real life...still, if you dance a long time with someone frequently, what evolves is not all fantasy and hard to dismiss for the unseasoned person

5. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

A single dance, or repeated dances when your only contact is in the clubs, then I think that it's simply sexual attraction. However if you met them through dance, but then take classes together, go out for food/coffee after every dance, etc - then can't that attraction be something more? Just because you met someone through dance and the initial attraction was on the floor, surely it's ridiculous to assume you aren't a compatible couple. (I know, I know, repeating a lot of other people's sentiments here...)

6. HF

HF New Member

This is the sort of criteria that might lead to disappointment sooner or later ...

Sometimes it happens that women ask me why there are so few acceptable men out there that are still free. I'll tell them that there may be lots of caring men with a big heart on the right place ... the only fault is that they probably are somewhat overweighted administration employees and definetely not tall and goodlooking. So many women will just not recognize them as what they are.

It is a contradiction in itself that most women are looking for men that are heart-breakers but loyal - keen but punctual - tall and goodlooking but available of course. :lol:

7. fascination

for the record and since this is anonymous I have no reason to lie...when I fall for someone it is never about how they look physically...it is usually because they are excellent at something either intellectual or artistic, because they are cuddly and because they are kind to me...that's it

8. aimerrouge

aimerrouge New Member

HF, I must ask are you a man? :? Your response about women basically needing to ignore physical appearances is amusing given how many men insist on persuing only trophy woman (in salsa and other avenues of life).

Whenever a woman dares to say she want some eye candy, suddenly the the acknowledgment of a man's internal beauty becomes paramount. :roll: It's all around us. Look at television and movies. How many schleps are married to hot women? That's SO realistic. :lol:

If men can dream, women can too. I encourage you, africana, to continue your search. :lol:

9. africana

africana New Member

go aimerouge :applause:

women like eye-candy too (at least this woman does :p )

10. fascination

I like eye candy to but I don't want to do anything with it unless it also possesses the aforementioned attibutes, whereas I tned to fall for what I mentioned and then notice what IS physically appealing about the man

11. alemana

alemana New Member

hahahahah

omg, too much. aimerrouge, you go!

12. clave

clave New Member

Yet you never seem to keep any of them around for long?

I have soooo many friends in their thirties who, as time goes on, keep settling for less and less and less...

13. HF

HF New Member

Haha, I knew somebody would respond to it ...

Yes, no doubt about that. 8) And very happily living together with my GF since 10 years, just for the records ...

Do you think anybody can be really happy with another person that is just a trophy ... or with a person for whom he or she is one? These people punish themselves for life.

No problem about that. All I observe is that people that mainly care about the physical appearence of a possible partner basically get what they are wishing ... and not more most of the time.

14. Pebbles

Pebbles New Member

What an odd coincidence. Women who insist on picking guys by their looks, turn out to be the same women who proclaimed the guys they ran into were players :roll:

15. Cliche

Cliche New Member

I tried this once. I dated a chick that I normally wouldn't have looked at twice. She was a friend of a friend and I wasn't dating anyone so I thought I'd give it a shot. Well, I did end up liking her and she did become physically attractive which surprised me (I'm not so shallow after all). Then I got the vanishing act. That'll teach me to look for inner beauty.

16. africana

africana New Member

aw cmon you can do better than that :roll: :lol:

what's wrong with not being into old men?? geez

17. africana

africana New Member

18. africana

africana New Member

HF the funniest thing about your responses is that they so vigorously address a comment that made partly in fun, and I have never seen you post these types of criticisms in threads where the men go on about how they "prefer" pretty/beautiful/glamorous women, even in the context of dance where the honorable/right thing is never to discrimate on looks (in which men largely confess to doing). Same goes for the other protestors here, I'm laughing at the irony, even if my comment was about my personal dating preference
    Assumptions about trophy-mates are running wild :lol: go figure :roll:

19. Pebbles

Pebbles New Member

So in your world, guys are either "tall and good looking" or old men.

20. africana

africana New Member

I thought up some logical answers for my dating criteria but then I was like "what explanation do I owe anyone and whose business is it?"

so yeah, I don't feel like expounding. besides it's much more entertaining to have some one who doesn't know me attempt to peg me based on some comments. but hey every movie needs a villain :twisted: