Dancers Anonymous > Do You Have A Favorite Restaurant?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, Oct 10, 2003.

1. Christina

Christina New Member

i like Damons and Olive Garden , i also like The Wodden Nickle

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Olive Garden has a nice quick lunch menu. And it's really quick, too. :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Any other Souplantation fans out there?

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

maybe... if I knew what it was! ;)

5. SDsalsaguy

Deatils, details, details! :wink:

Basically an all you can eat soup & salad bar...with breads/muffins/baked potatoes/pasta/and a few deserts all thrown in as well. :bouncy:

6. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

Yeah baby! 8)

7. pygmalion

I'm pretty sure it's the same as Sweet Tomatoes -- same restaurant chain, two different names, based on geography. If so, I LOVE that place! Got hooked on it about three years ago when I was on a sympathy diet with a girlfriend (I didn't need to lose weight, but she was a 350 pounder and needed the emotional support). Anyway. That place is great! Lots of good stuff, whether you're on a diet or not, and whether you're a carnivore or a vegetarian! :D

8. SDsalsaguy

You got it Jenn...same parent company, different regional names. (Although I think I'd heard that the Souplantation ones had a better soup selection.)

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

For fast food I like Carls Jr. I really love their Western Bacon Cheeseburger. Just might get one in a little while.

10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Strike two! It sounds wonderful though ;)

11. SDsalsaguy

Well, I'll just have to treat you to a meal there the next time you come visiting out my way, how's that?

12. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Well I suppose the fact that I've never been to San Diego does not mean that I never will. Sounds peachy!

13. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Yes!! Especially Applebys!!

There are many cool restaurants here in Santa Cruz since it's like a vacation spot. Lots of places for seafood, tons of quaint little hole in wall places and nice fancy restaurants and many that have a lounge and music in the evening. If you like seafood, this is the place to be.
    We don't eat out much anymore, but when we were first dating, I'm lucky that I didn't turn into a roly-poly. (I had to hit the gym more often than I normally do.)

14. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

can't forget falaffels! ;) I've never seen so many falaffel places then when I would visit Santa Cruz!

15. SDsalsaguy

Hmm, personally I've seen a lot more...albeit in Israel and in Egypt. :wink:

16. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

:?: Does Sizzlers exist anywhere?

They were all closed down here; don't know if it was just here of if the whole business shut down.

The Diner I mentioned where I like to have my Saturday morning breakfast in my initial post used to be a sizzlers.

17. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

HAHAHAHAHA I guess it is good that I can only speak for myself!! hehe

but how about inside the country? ;)

18. SDsalsaguy

Oh, when you put it that way... :wink:

19. pygmalion

Hey spitfire! There are a couple sizzlers restaurants still up and runniong here. I had a gigantic breaksat buffet at one quite recently. Amazing how much food Americans eat for breakfast, compared to anywhere else I've been. *shrug* :?

20. pygmalion

I checked the website. Yes, the Souplantation and Sweet Tomatoes are the same. (I guess a restaurant with plantation in the name wouldn't go over too well in the deep south, where I live! :lol: )

Anyway, SD's description doesn't do it justice. Sorry SD, but you didn't give enough detail. There are huge stations with various types of food -- the biggest salad bar I've seen, followed by a choose-your-own pasta bar, a soup bar, a bread/roll bar which includes pizza, and a dessert station with soft serve ice cream and all sorts of pastries. All you can eat, and for only $6 lunch to $8 dinner (here, anyway). You can't beat it. Mmmm. :D