Salsa > Does Groping Really Happen A Lot While Out Dancing?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mhgroove, Oct 18, 2004.

1. mhgroove

mhgroove New Member

I wanted to follow up from the post. "Are Salsa Dancers Out In The Wild Bored."

On quite a few of the posts, the women responded to the bored looked on their faces as a defense mechanism...to keep guys from groping them.

I'm not naive..but I dance to have a good time and enjoy the woman I'm dancing with. Not trying to get a cheap feel.

I would like the DF women to share their stories about this. Unfortunately, I know it goes with the territory of being a woman. But, give us men some insight on how annoying and bothersome it is. thx!

2. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I have only been blatantly groped once. It happened about 10 years ago, pre- kids when I had a naturally gorgeous tush. And apparently it was irresistable to someone else. :shock:

I think the "accidental" boob rubs happen a little more frequently. I just decided to go padded so that on the rare occasion that it does happen, be it genuinely accidental or not, I'm a little bit, er, insulated from it.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Gee, my first response to this thread was like "Have you ever been out dancing?!" YES, it happens, unfortunately...I go to clubs/parties where lots of young latinos with active glands gather, so I kind of anticipate that and I know how to deal with it. Once I say "Cut it out, dude!" they usually get the hint. It's usually kind of playful but still not invited. I have had a couple of real pervs(older guys) that I had to totally avoid as it was way more than a playful touch but a real disgusting grope. I am thinking of investing in an electric cattle prod! 8)

4. sunderi

sunderi New Member

Yep, it happens. Not *a lot* in my experience, but definitely regularly. (Meaning, not EVERY time I go out dancing, but often enough that I've devoloped a strategy for dealing with it.)

For the "accidental" breast rubs, or the hands that are just not quite far enough around the back so that they're getting a little bit of a handful -- the FIRST time it happens, I ignore it and assume it's a mistake (this does NOT count the guy who once put his arm around my shoulders and did a full on GRAB of my breast! :shock: ). The second time it happens, I make a pointed but fairly lighthearted comment to the effect that if they keep doing that, someone is eventually going to break their arm. ;) If it happens three times, I stop what I'm doing and tell them not to do it again (because even if it's a mistake, it's a problem). If it happens more than three times, I won't dance with that person anymore -- I will walk off the floor if need be. Once it's happened that often, my assumption is that if it WAS a mistake, they'd be shamed/scared into doing nothing but the basic step -- so it's probably not a mistake. :roll:

Oh -- and then there's a guy at the studio who will position his partner so he can stare at her butt in the mirror. :x I avoid dancing with him, and if I have to, I just very firmly refuse to turn so that my back is to the mirror. :twisted:

5. etchuck

etchuck New Member

If there's a way I can invent the "electrified" salsa dress (like those electric bug zappers), I'll let you know.

6. tj

tj New Member

I'm shocked! :shock:

(isn't this the time where Sabor is supposed to complain about not getting groped enough?)

7. tacad

tacad New Member

:doh:

8. squirrel

squirrel New Member

yes, it happened to me!

I usually avoid those who do it!

There is a guy who does it all the time when he gets drunk, and I had to have a very "tough" conversation with him, but he got the point in the end!

9. clave

clave New Member

squirrel wrote:
    > There is a guy who does it all the time when he gets drunk, and I had to have a very "tough" conversation with him, but he got the point in the end!

You'd accept a dance invitation from a drunk person!?!? :shock:

10. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Yup...! My scene is very follow-heavy and if the guy can lead, I dance with him! I mean, the guy was not so drunk as to lose balance... :) I danced with such guys too, but they were close friends...!

And I don't have such issues as "he's drunk" or "he's sweating too much"... guys here don't come with extra T shirts, they use paper napkins to remove sweat, they love wearing silk shirts... :). The only problem I have is bad smell...! But I mean perspiration, not garlic breath... we Romanians eat a lot of garlic and onions... I avoid it before going out, but others don't! :)

11. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

When I frequented the few latin clubs which advertised Salsa nights I used to get gropped all of the time.

Girls rubbing their most secret parts on my legs, too obviously to everyone and their mother grabbing the parts of my body mom told me not to let anyone touch, grabbing my hands and placing them on the mountainous topographic region of their body, trying to place my hands down their skirts/pants, sticking their tongues out like a snake seeking a pray, kissing my neck, sticking my fingers in their mouths, you name it, girls have done it me... all of those while dancing salsa, I don't want to know what the freak-dance is know like! Perhaps if I was more into testosterone side of human behavior it would have been pleasing, but all I wanted was to dance.

Thank God I stopped going to those places and only go to Salsa only venues... Even then it happens on occasion... If that is the kid of behavior coming from girls, God, I don't even want to imagine being a girl in one of those places.

Well, I have "funny" and perhaps embarrassing story that happen 2 Mondays ago. I was dancing with this girl wearing JLo hip hugger jeans, as we know those pants are at times too low for girl that has what is called a "ghetto" back side. Well, I accidentally slipped my hand down the back side of her pants where the two liken round muscles meet. :shock: I went to CBL her and as I brought my hand to her back and went to place it on the back of her waist it went right down through the only place where the jeans weren't hip-hugging! Thank God I was able to cross body lead her right off my hand without much commotion! Thank God she knew it was an accident, for she would have beat me silly right then and there! We both reacted the same way! Big eyes, a smile and a not to worry...

12. Bob

Bob New Member

heh!

to summarize: I went dancing the other night, and accidentally stuck my hand down a girls pants!

(doesn't sound so plausable when I say it though... just joking of course, I would have turned 10 shades of red to be sure! )

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

ROTFL!!! How in the world did that happen? :lol: :lol: Sorry. I should try to maintain my composure in respect for your mortification, but I can't. That's SO hilarious.

14. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Dude, what do you do to these poor women? :lol: :lol: Or should I say poor you. :oops: Anyways, I tend to stay away from clubs for that reason. Most of the clubs here are not strictly salsa. There's usually a latin night where some people lose their minds and forget they are human beings and not animals. My friend and her husband went to one of the clubs and some guy felt her up right in front of her husband. I mean literally going under her dress. :evil: I guess some people get really stupid at some of these places. :? Truly sad and senseless. :evil:

15. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

There are a few out there whose worth seems to be measured in sexual idiocracies! There are a few fellows I who are just like that, and they talk about it as if they just won the lotto.

16. I haven't attracted the sort of groping Borikensalsero describes, and I imagine I might actually like it, but maybe not. I am not enough of a stud to have that problem.

At any rate, I don't inflict this on followers, except I have to confess that I have twice finished leading something from a follower's buttocks, when it was too late to get it to work correctly. I'm a little shocked by this myself. The intention was oddly pure though. (In each case, it was one of those hands behind the back moves, but I had lost connection.) At any rate, I don't remember either partner being bothered, and one was a regular partner who understood what had happened. It's still not something I think I should be doing. Shame on me.

I once came out of a duck under type move and ended up coming out to close to my partner, bringing my nose up against her breasts as I came up, and then immediately backing off as I realized what I had just done. Fortunately, she was someone I had danced with a lot, and she just laughed, as it was clearly an accident.

17. sunderi

sunderi New Member

See, when it's someone you already know & trust, then it's ok -- then it's an accident, and it's funny, and it's equally embarassing to both parties. But we know (us girls!) when that's NOT what it is.

I've certainly had *accidental* contact from people a lot, too. It happens -- it happens with my teacher from time to time, even! :oops: It's just a part of dancing, and it's funny and embarassing, and ultimately not a big deal. The intentional groping is NOT, though.

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh. That's the discrediting post. Another hilarious scenario, if you ask me. You come out of a duck blind. So how the heck were you supposed to know where her breasts would be? You're off the hook on that one. 8)

19. I was referring to the "buttock lead," which, while I didn't do it for cheap thrills, I could presumably have avoided. There was a split-second decision involved. The fact that I did not get slapped in either case, and that at least one of the partners involved danced with me again afterwards makes me think I accurately judged the situation.

20. Lucretia

Lucretia New Member

I wonder what our Salsa Grand Father thought about me when I hugged him goodnight and said something at the same time. I got his eartip (is it called so ?) in my mouth. :oops: :shock: And I was to embarrased to explain 8)

/Luc