Salsa > Does Groping Really Happen A Lot While Out Dancing?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by mhgroove, Oct 18, 2004.

1. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

lol

2. I remember kissing one of my aunts once and accidentally touching tongues just slightly. That was weird, to put it mildly. Fortunately it never happened again.

3. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I never realized how easy it was to make a mistake like that until it happened with someone. :oops: We were goofing around and she put her hands in my pant back pockets and I went to do the same and as we moved around...oops it slipped in!! :oops:

4. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

LOL!!! Isn't that the case, the things that you think would never happen, do happen!!!!

5. vey

vey New Member

I agree :!: And since it is accidental, i do not pay much attention to it.

I haven't had a problem with real gropping (what to do... I am not nearly as hot as Boriken is :shock: :shock: :shock: ) but what really annoyes me is, as somebody already mentioned, a "half-way hand": too low to feel comfortable but too high to start slapping :wink: - I usually put my hand over and move it up without commenting...

Girls, what about when a guy turns you with your back to his front and is way too close? Hate that

6. Sagitta

How about my back to your front. I don't mind that. :wink: :p

7. passion

passion New Member

In most of my experiences, the groping has always been accidental. I guess I've been pretty lucky.

A part of the dance is sexually playing with your partner. Dancing close and familiar, but not really. It's almost touching, but not. Accidents happen in those cases.

I was dancing with a lead once where I was doing some shines with him standing still, legs spread. I did a shine that led me between his legs and accidently in full contact with him. Uh, oops. That was quite an accident. We laughed it off, and repeated the move with a little more control that time.

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Oops is right!

9. Big10

Big10 Member

No, I can believe Hothouse on that one. I do duck-under turns very frequently, and every once in awhile the top of my head will brush against a woman's stomach or breast on my way up. Sometimes it's because the woman didn't step back as far as I expected, and sometimes it's because I got a little too lazy to ensure I ducked low enough to come up in the correct (no-contact) position. :oops: I haven't yet had the good fortune of such a "brush with greatness" for my nose during a dance, though. :lol:

Okay, now that was a little too much information for today. :shock:

10. Big10

Big10 Member

I remember something like that, too....actually, how could a lead forget! :lol: My partner was doing some fast kicks between my legs when all of a sudden her leg hit the end of my....[​IMG]

I think I briefly had one of these looks on my face -- :shock: -- and I surprised myself by remaining still and not jumping back out of habit (which would have been bad since we would have both lost our balance).

We just kept on dancing like nothing had happened. [​IMG]

11. Sagitta

I'm this little innocent naive person and really don't think about these things as you will see.

What happens when a tall lady and short lead dance? The hand keeps going on the butt. It requires effort to place the hand above the lady's buttocks and so I was doing this move called ponle sabor and this person looks at me funny. I'm keeping my hand low to make sure she turns into my hand and touching her bottocks every time and I'm not realizing it. :oops: Anyway now I play with her and sometimes deliberately do it to remind her of the incident and give this big grin on my face. As I am this innocent mischievious kid so she just plays along. :)

I like this. I will play with people and see how close we can get without touching. Then there is a break in the music and some of that pent up tension is released. Those are some breaks, I tell you!!

12. mhgroove

mhgroove New Member

Cocodrilo,

I can understand your astonishment with this post. However, I was just stunned by the responses from the other post "Are Salsas Dancers Out in the Wild Bored."

I must admit when I was 15 or 16 and when I would go dancing I would playfully squeeze a girl's butt and pretend I didn't do anything. But, I was a teenager..hormones overload. I'm 33 and that's definitely not a reason to go dancing for.

I'm a man and I didn't realize how prevalent it is..to this day. Thank all the DFers(especially the women) for sharing their stories.

:eek: :eek:

13. amrimi

amrimi New Member

I think it's quite intersting how different the perception of certain things are in the US from the way they are here. In the clubs that I go to people only come to dance and everybody knows about that. So it is not so important when there are hands on butts or something like that, because the guys know that they can't expect more after the dance.

The only thing that I really have a problem with is when the face of the guy I'm dancing with at the moment ends up between my breast.

There is this very small latino in my scene and he always asks the tallest woman he can find to dance with him (at least a head taller than he is). Somehow he figured out how to dance with them without breaking their arms while doing turns. Unfortunatly whenever there is slow song he is pulling the woman very close to him so that he ends up with his face between their breast.

Especially when I where something with a low neckline I'm trying to avoid this guy

14. Cist

Cist New Member

I knew about these problems, since I have very close friendships to some of the girls, who told me about these situations. Sometimes, maybe twice a month, I also have the same problem as boriken. Not only men seem to be ... well ok :roll:

I just can't understand why so many dancers here had the experience of touching the girls "below hip thing" by accident? How do you lead? :lol: .

But what already happened to me - and this was always an accident - touching the follower somewhere on the front, either below or above hip level. Although I tought in some classes: "always watch your hands where they are going", you have to be quite fast to manage this and also then it will happen, especially when the girl does sthg you didn't expect her to do.

At last: girls I look up to you for your patience and politeness with such men :applause:

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

HAHAHAAA.. hey, the dude knows how to lead for his benefit :lol:

16. lundasalsa

lundasalsa New Member

:) I wonder how people would dance if evolution had created short males and tall females in humans.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: Probably quite a few ... That reminds me aof a shortish young ballroom dancer I know who is right at the beginning stages of puberty. And guess where his face lands in closed dance position? You got it. :wink: He's having the time of his life. :lol: :lol:

18. Sagitta

You know this is what all the tall leads tell me, but then they can look down what to me is straight on. :?

19. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Pity I didn't save the "Balboa Rocks!!" t-shirt graphic. The one with the short lead and tall follow.

Did I mention that Balboa is danced very, very close? Chest-to-chest.

20. Vin

Vin New Member

Now that you mention it there are certain moves in the swing family that can be as overt as any salsa moves. Doing an underarm turn out of swivels for example. This moves requires the follow to turn completely while leaning on the lead's arm for support, the whole way around.
    I wonder why follows in particular always really enjot this move hmm...
    It always made my arm feel kind of violated.