Swing Discussion Boards > Don't Knock the Rock

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Black Sheep, May 23, 2003.

1. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

Wrong thread

Salsaguy,
    That's what I said, "How did we get talking about Flying Lindy on DKTR thread'.
    So I will adress my response to these past few poosts here on 'What's the Flying Lindy' thread.
    Black Sheep, your frierndly Flying Lindy instructor.

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

d nice and Black Sheep,
    You both may have great words in your posts, and the antics were "OK" for a while. But both of have turned me off with your "finger pointing" to the extent that I will no longer read anything you may post, and I could care less on how you may respond to this post to you! I won't open it, so don't write anything!

You both are infantile! You both are hard-headed, and neither of you are contributing to the intent of this forum. You've turned it into a personal argument platform.

Now I won't learn anything that you could have taugh us.

How many others are hesitant to add or respond to your posts for fear of being attacked by one of you? Yes, it's primarily between the two of you, but if you can do one, you can do another.

Sorry Dancementor and SDsalsaguy!

3. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

Infantile?

Vince A,
    I totally agree. I can't believe I got sucked into this foolish repartee (another word next to obfuscate to add to your vocabulary)
    I too refuse to open this thread again. I was infantile, but I am going to grow up and quit degrading myself with childish dialogue that defeats the whole purpose of sharing ideas and knowledge.
    Thank you Vince A. Sometimes we oldsters have to learn from the youth , whose minds are often clearer and less cluttered with trivia.
    Apologetically,
    Black Sheep

4. d nice

d nice New Member

LOL. Excellent... lets use personal attacks to point out our dissatifcation about the posting methods.

I'm not going to edit these out... they are just to funny.

5. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

This has gotten a bit out of hand.

What else do we have to talk about? (that perhaps won't lead to the exact same thing)

6. lindy jihad

lindy jihad New Member

really, take a step back and look who is doing all the "finger pointing"
    damon knows what he is talking about, he is just trying to get to the bottom of this. he wants answers [as do i] and he is just not getting them.

i would honestly like you, Vince A, or anyone for that matter, show me a post from Damon that has been out of line or infantile in the least. he has facts. joe does not.

7. lindy jihad

lindy jihad New Member

i also ask you, if there was a subject that you loved and dedicated much time to learning the history of, you would want to make sure people did not pervert the facts.

i dont think it has gotten out of hand at all. we have damon, who knows the facts, and knows the dance [probably better than most everyone i know]. he is just trying to set the facts in-line, for those on this forum who dont know as much about the dance. it would be horrible for a new dancer to come on the forum, read everything that joe says and take it for fact. thats not right in the least. Damon, i commend you, you are doing a great job.

8. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I would prefer we NOT have a dialogue about the character of a member on the forums OR the decisions made by a Modeerator. Please PM one of the Dance Forums Moderators (DanceMentor, SDsalsaguy, salsarhythms, d nice, Vince A, or MissAlyssa). We'll be happy to take the time to discuss it and WE DO want to get any helpful feedback.

(What SDsalsaguy says in the next post is exactly right)

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

First off, welcome to the forums lindy jihad...having people here who care about the dance is what the forums are all about. And I think DanceMentor's comments are in line with that (and this is meant as a comment "at large") – we should be discussing dance, not the individual's discussing dance.

10. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I would have to agree with lindy jihad... that while he does his part to escalate, d nice has largly refrained from personal attacks. Opinions on his character aside, I have found this to be true of the posts I have read.

11. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

who is keeping score

To my disenting posters,
    Which only verifies my symbolic signature, Black Sheep, which I have since maturity taken as a badge of courage. As long as I am swimming against the current of the majority opinion, I always feel politically incorrect, and secure in my discernments.
    Joe Lanza