Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > Don't Trust the B---- in Apt. 23

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Jananananana, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

Apparently, this new show coming out will have James Van der Beek playing a spoofed version of himself and one of the subplots involves his character being on DWTS. Check it:
    http://www.usatoday.com/life/televi...2-04-10/dont-trust-the-b-in-apt-23/54159570/1

If you want to see a clip of him in a shiny tight shirt and wide legged pants, check out this post:
    http://gawker.com/5899572/james-van-der-beek-would-like-to-crush-your-teen-girl-vision-of-him and stop at 0:12

Apparently, dance is going to be a theme in the show.

Also, Karina is guest starring in it :-D

2. sudoplatov

sudoplatov Member

From the previews, I'm not sure even a dance connection could help the show.

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

uhhhh, IMO - it's a slightly this side of left - take off on 2Broke Girls. I tend to like the latter much better.

4. Jananananana

Jananananana Active Member

I won't disagree with that....
    :D

5. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

I follow him on twitter, because he's actually rather amusing and self-deprecating. So I watched the show on Hulu. It's...alright. It's a sitcom, but done pretty well, and frankly, I enjoy him playing himself as a total creep more than the two "main" characters. However, he has definitely aged well, and I may just watch that DWTS-insipired ep to see him in that shiny shirt and tight pants.

Why yes, I am shallow, thanks for asking.

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Pilot's ok (better than most...), but I'm a little concerned they might have done what 99% of all TV shows do and shot their wad in episode 1.
    If the screen writers were actually any good and had ideas with some depth to them, that could have been stretched over an entire season.