Dance Ads > Dore Designs: Revamped Website

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by DanceMentor, Aug 20, 2009.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

This one is a little special to me because my company was involved in the design and programming of the new site.

Take a look:
    http://doredesigns.com/

2. soshedances

soshedances Active Member

Very nice!

3. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

You did great job DM!

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ugh. How about putting the music controls where they can more easily be seen, or better yet, have it turned off by default?

Lots of pretty red Xs.

5. Standarddancer

You think could be more helpful to put up prices for these pretty dresses?

6. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

@standarddancer - I don't think Dore' wants their prices broadcast to the whole world.

@DanceMentor - is there anyway - I know this is a long long long shot - that you could find out about a dress they had on display at USBC back in '98?

:uplaugh:

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I assumed the x's will be fixed as the site gets finally switched over to it's new format. And I'm another that hates music on websites. It's jarring to me to all of the sudden have music playing when I don't expect it, and it makes it hard to hide the fact that you're surfing at work if music suddenly blasts from your computer.:) But "artsy" companies really love to have music and it's really hard to talk them out of it.
    Otherwise I love the site. Easy to navigate, pretty but not distracting background. :)

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I like music...just not when it keeps replaying...va state site has like one measure and everytime you click on anything it replays that same thing...and I liked it at first...bot... love the look of this site ...and the music...didn't hang around long enough to see if it repeats

9. Standarddancer

i don't like the music on site replaying either, but like the pictures

10. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

There's a pause button on the upper left corner of the home page. Once you leave the home page there is no music. Its up to Dore to list the prices. I'm biased for sure but I think our team did an excellent job :)

11. fascination

I never heard it replaying and I liked what I heard...but if it did replay and I didn't know where to run it off I would just turn my own volume dow...but I thought the look was luscious

12. fascination

not difficult to get a price from dore if you contact them...they are upfront folks...and lol...seriously, I'll betcha their ability to track down a dress from 98 is better than you can imagine :)

13. fascination

one of the reasons I like them so much, that is a dore' in the avatar, is b/c they are so accessible and responsive

14. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Nice job, DM! :)

15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It needs to be where people can easily see it, i.e. right near the page's "centerpiece."

16. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Nice site, kudos to the designers!

Although, for the life of me, I cannot understand how a reputable company like Dore could put up a bunch of pictures of wrinkled dresses on their site. IMO, that doesn't put a company that's in the business of making VERY expensive dresses in the best light... But that's certainly NOT the web designers' problem.

17. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I do see wrinkles in a couple of dresses, but overall I think the pictures took look quite nice, and clearly there are some very nice dresses. HKK looks at them all the time! :)

Is there a particular dress you found to be excessively wrinkled? I'm sure they would want to know which one you are talking about and reshoot it.

18. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Yes, most of the pictures look nice but once you see one that doesn't look as nice, your attention goes to all the ones that don't. I remember seeing quite a few, actually. If it was just one or even a couple, I'd never have commented but it seemed to me that it was a pattern with the satin-skirted dresses... So I guess I'd have them take a look at those pics specifically. Oddly enough, the problem seemed to be with the new dresses mostly.

19. flyhere

flyhere New Member

Overall a good job with a nice design. A few minor observations if I may:

- Any reason why you use different font sizes on different pages? Not wrong to do that, it's just my critically sharp eyes find that things are better if they are consistent.
    - Again, the navigation on the home page and that on the other pages are not consistent, so from the pages I have to click back to home to go to photos
    - home: about us, gowns, men's, photos, contact us, faq
    - other pages: home, online shop, gowns, men's, sponsored couples, about us, contacts, faq

- Also the photography could be better, but that is unrelated to the web design. Real live models would look a lot nicer, but again that is a different topic.

Good job!

20. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I have not clicked on link since Dore first advertised it (I got notice on facebook :) ) when a lot of the pictures were still red x's, but personally, I liked the design. Cheers DM! Course, I did have computer muted at time, or I would say same thing about music, but that's personal preference. :)