Funstuff and Inspiration > Dreams Dreams Dreams… (Dream Thread Club!!!)

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Amanda, I had a similar experience. The night after watching Robin Hood, I had a dream related to it. The movie was really just OK, nothing unforgettable--the pickings were slim that week--and the dream was actually more memorable in some ways to me than the movie. I was planning a battle to capture an island set during the time of the film. I was leading the storming of the frontal beaches, and another commander (a female) was doing an end run and hitting the island from the other side. We were victorious, and took the island!

As for the movie that you saw, no apologies are necessary: people that I've heard from liked it. That's the most important thing really, if you enjoyed it... :)

Amanda, well-said!

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

3. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

thanks so much Ray!

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I'm sure I dream more often, but it seems that the only ones I remember are the violent ones/nightmares. Twice recently I've had a dream of being in a head-on collision while driving and killing my passenger and/or myself. The last time I had this dream I woke up immediately before impact, but *knew* the crash happened. Not terribly pleasant, I'll tell you.

Another recurring nightmare is loved ones being trapped inside the house while something that goes on which is going to kill them. Fire is pretty common, as is a serial killer. I'm always outside watching (and, for some stupid reason, always completely helpless).

Growing up I had roughly the same nightmare for years: that someone was beating the crap out of me. I always woke up at some point, and I was never thinking that I'd die, but I kept getting the [stuffing] beaten out of me each time.

All in all, I'm glad I don't remember more of my dreams. I'm not a lucid dreamer, but I have gotten to the point where I can realize that I'm just dreaming while it happens, and usually I can wake myself up. Still disturbing. I hate waking up gasping for air, with my heart pounding.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You're getting very good at coming up with imaginative alternatives for cuss words. I'm quite impressed. :)

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Wow, Peaches! That's intense!

7. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Last night i had a nice dream about my late maternal grandmother. it felt sooo wonderful

Thanks for the visit grandma!

8. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Peaches do you have any clue as to why these really scary dreams keep happening? Terrifying stuff.

9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I made sushi at a sushi shop, because i wanted some and they'd run out. Then I balanced on a chair and fell off. Whoops.

Oh, and I had to prevent little sister and BF's sister from browsing an adult bookshop. Silly people.

10. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Lioness we spend so much time in sleep. I sometimes muse that it just might be 'reality' and the rest of this ('awake') is a dream. Imagine what if it were so!

11. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Eliska I keep thinking about these dreams that you described, since first reading what you wrote. Dream "logic" is fascinating and weird and scary-all those things! :)

12. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

In the other night's dream I was frantically trying to finish PowerPoint charts for a presentation I needed to make. And we just had 15 minutes before we had to present them and I felt disappointed to let my teammate down! It does mirror some things that are going on right now "in real life" for me.

13. Kits

Kits New Member

I dreamt of Mazes, Vampires, darkness and...apples?!

I think I am just really excited this year for Halloween Horror nights at Universal. :p

14. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Kits, sounds like a fun dream! I'll post the next one that I can remember! :)

15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Last night I dreamt that this really good dancer (to my surprise) had an artificial foot, after losing his real foot in an accident...

16. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

iN LAST NIGHT'S dream I cut the throat of a small dark deer with a bread knife; to the awe of some Indian children then took it into their house where I was allowed to skin it on a ceramic sink drainer but the man who lived there said I had to take most of it home as he had not much room in his freezer.

That means????

17. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I've had some dreams this week but cannot remember them - weird as I can usually remember them an hour after waking up. Maybe I need to free my mind like Quaid in Total Recall! :D

18. Kits

Kits New Member

I dreamed that I was practicing for a competition by myself on a studio's dance floor. My instructor was just watching me and wasn't giving me any pointers, tips or helpful hints. I was annoyed I wanted to quit but I just kept going, dancing with an invisible person...

19. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

Kits, bordertangoman, and Ray, I can understand the dance dreams of Kits and Ray; but bordertangoman, I have no idea what your dream might mean! :)

20. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

My dreams are heavily role-played style. Where people in my everyday life is fitted into roles that are not associated with them in RL. The themes focus on whatever I did the most intensely the previously day. Sometimes it's a movie, book, video game, or even everyday activity. But, because all the characters are changed, I'm always very confused.

One dream that I could kinda remember from last week was where I (and a large group of people) was searching for my sister in a dark building filled with monsters. :eek:

Also, the week leading up to a competition, I would have vivid dreams about those. Luckily, that's not due for about 6 weeks.