Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 2 - Final week [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Feb 19, 2006.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Me too! I really feel Drew deserved it out of the three.
    And I believe that girl from Stuff magazine came in third? yes?

2. JerryFan

JerryFan New Member

Drew was the best dancer, but Drew and Stacey were both professional dancers before the show. That's why I think Jerry should have won!

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I can see where you're coming from. I think the casting folks have a lot to answer for this time around. :?

4. gscaton1@comast.net

gscaton1@comast.net New Member

Can't believe Jerry was in the Final

Unless they change the way the voteing is they have lost one viewer. When Staceys name was called tonight, that was the madest I have been in a long while. I felt like putting somethng threw the tv. Jerry shouldn't of been in the top 7, thats how bad he was. How can someone who gets all those 10's get taken off. Even someone in the audience said the same thing. The voteing was horrible. Stacey was the best, no delt about it. I am just glad that Jerry didn't win. I know they would have gotten alot of terrible emails. Wait till next year, Stacey took ballet, was never a professional dancer. Jerry stunk and stunk

5. pygmalion

Yeah gscaton1. No matter who wins, there's going to be some anger, I guess. *shrug* I'm guessing things would've been a lot different if Stacy hadn't had that injury on Thursday night. :?

6. gscaton1@comast.net

gscaton1@comast.net New Member

Terrible call

she didn't need the injury to win. she was robbed.

7. pygmalion

Mmm. I see why you say that, but I don't necessarily agree. To me, there's a lot that goes into a dance performance. Stacy had some things. Drew had some other things. *shrug* And, unfortunately for Stacy, her worst performance of the show was at the end, IMO. I suspect that's why she was eliminated. I wish it weren't true, but that's how it goes. :? Some folks (a lot it seems) voted each week based on what they saw that week. *shrug*

8. JerryFan

JerryFan New Member

The ABC website says that Stacey was a Baltimore Ravens cheerleader. That to me is a professional dancer. Not a professional ballroom dancer, but a professional dancer nonetheless.

9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

WOW!!! What fun!!! And YAY Drew!!!

The #1 winner is ballroom and latin dance. My babysitter watches the show. Several of my students have mentioned this as one of their favorite shows. It's too awesome that the word is getting out: this is the best hobby in the world!

:) ChaChaMama

P.S. Were Tony and Stacey forced to do a samba to "Living La Vida Loca"? Because that song is a much better mambo than samba, and I would think that mambo would play to Tony's strengths. (Not that he's not amazing at all dances, but he is the rhythm champ.) He looked smokin' hot tonight!

10. pygmalion

Yup. That seems like a pro to me. And, even without the cheerleading, fourteen years of ballet is a heck of a lot.

The casting folks really need to do a better job of evening the playing field next time, IMO. :?

11. pygmalion

Agreed many times over. :D And the winner is ... ballroom dance!! :cheers: :D

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I don't have a problem with the results, although I was a bit surprised that Stacey came in third. Don't feel too sorry for her. Her career just got a huge bump-up. She'll be in demand in Hollywood now. (Same goes for Drew.) I was happy to see Jerry get as far as he did. Even though he is (was) a professional athelete, he represented the "average Joe" as far as his dance experience (and age) went. And, you know, just this week it seemed like he got past one of the barriers that beginning leads struggle with, that being the balancing of the leading and one's own dancing. Yes, Drew was better, but I really think Jerry has come farther during the duration of the show.

13. cornutt

You got it! You wouldn't believe the number of new students who have come into our studio in the last two months who were inspired by DWTS. :cool:

14. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks for the play-by-play everyone . . . We don't get the show for another half hour, and I'm tired. Going to bed real early tonight, and we needed to know who won . . . although it was not a surprise who did!

My wife and I agree with gscaton1 . . . Jerry should have been gone a long time ago! Total 'beginner' look all the way . . .

I guess I'll look for another playing of the show and watch it later this week . . . wish I had a Tivo . . .

15. new-ish

new-ish New Member

Well gang, I'm sorry that some of you feel cheated or robbed from this whole thing, but I enjoyed the first series so much and the second series much more.

I think that the right couple won. The only couple that I thought should have gone further were Giselle and Jonathan, but they knew the odds before they started and showed so much class when the time came to go.

I hope that this show will be the beginning of something that will around for a long time.

I know that in my area the local dances have seen attendance like I have never seen before and I think this show has a lot to do with it.

16. cornutt

An aside to gscaton1: You might want to pick a different user name. Spammers' address harvesters go through sites like this one, looking for email addresses in screen names. There's nothing we can do to stop it.

17. new-ish

new-ish New Member

That sounds pretty harsh to me. It took me a long time (much more than 8 weeks) to even feel like a dancer and I wasn't on National TV.

I think Jerry Rice was really the person who had the most celebrity status when this series started and it took incredible guts for him to do this and potentially risk the goodwill that his sports career had brought him.

As far as Stacy having an advantage by being a pro team cheerleader, remember that Trista from the first series was one as well and was the first person cut.

18. pygmalion

Didn't Jerry say something to the effect tonight (in the retrospective film footage?) Something like "I'm living peoples' dreams."

My take? I'm glad Drew won. Stacy was great. But The Jerrys of the world are the people that will elevate ballroom dance, IMO. So I've gotta give props to Jerry and people like him -- folks who know nothing about dance but are willing to invest what it takes to get (relatively) good at it. The Drews and Stacys of the world are professional performers. Of course they look good. But, to me, a schmuck who started dancing in the midst of a mundane life because of a long-deferred dream? Jerry's the man. :cool:

19. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

I totally agree with every word of your post, Pygmalion!
    -RW

20. Big10

Big10 Member

A guy who had to take a break from dance practice to be honored in Super Bowl festivities (and whose "good luck charm" is his MVP ring on his necklace) didn't exactly lead a "mundane life"....but I get what you mean and agree with the point of your post. ;)