Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 2 - Final week [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Feb 19, 2006.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Let me third that! :D

Our studio has sold more Introductory Specials than I have ever witnessed at a single studio. We don't have any more appointments left, and people are having to book 2-3 weeks ahead of time to get a lesson ANY teacher. We have 11 teachers.

2. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

Dance Mentor I think we are in for quite a ride! I think this is going to continue for at least the next few months. It may quiet down some in the summer after the hype from the movies subside, but I imagine it will pick back up with season 3.

People are talking about dancing every where - I sometimes feel weird having work (dance) conversations on my cell phone in public places - people tune in to what I am saying. I don't long for the days of obscurity, it is just soooooo different. At CA Open there were bands of kids running down the halls trying to find Cheryl Burke - screaming her name, checking the bathroom for her, giggling and saying "Cheryl and Drewwwwww, Cheryl and Drewwwww" over and over. I suddenly checked in to the fact that they are celebs now. In People magazine and newspapers and on CNN. When I tell strangers what I do, its the first thing they mention and when they find out I know Tony and some of the others, people freak out.

I saw Pierre Dulaine yesterday at NY Dance Festival and today I saw Antonio Banderas playing him in the trailer for the movie. Life is becoming surreal.

3. alemana

alemana New Member

i broke my television WITH MY knat tonight a few hours before the show, and could not tape it, as i had planned to.

it was excruciating to sit through a (rather uninspired) dinner party mere feet from a dark TV set, not being able to followwhat was happening.

i am thrilled with the result, but beyond disappointed that i didn't watch it live.

4. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

I want to know. That is all.;)

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yes, they do.

6. SDsalsaguy

It's not a knock off, it's based on the true story of the guy who started the NY city school program depicted in MHB.

7. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I can't believe my eyes. Stacey third and Jerry second :shock:
    You officially can't call it a dance contest anymore.

EDIT: Why didn't they dance the dance that they haven't done yet anyway? Drew and Jerry haven't done a Waltz, and Stacy hasn't done a Paso Doble. That would have been a better idea than what they did now, two dances they danced already.

8. chandra

chandra New Member

BTW, I seriously didnt mean to sound snarky in that comment, I just thought the story line was reminiscent of MHB. I didnt know if they were actually meant to be the same story line (exp. based on the same thing) or no. Sry if that was misread, cause admitedly, it was a little mistyped! (errr, a little?)

9. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Saw the promo during the DWTS finale. The thing that caught my attention is how little Antonio sounds like a Pierre.

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I was talking about me, silly. :wink:

11. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

So ... any word on season three? :raisebro: :wink:

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Roll some of those pennies and take them to the bank. :raisebro: :shock: :D

13. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Agreed. :)

14. alemana

alemana New Member

abc message boards for the show appear to be overwhelmed... down temporarily.

15. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Yes, there will be a season 3. I got it straight from Nick Kosovich, in my car at 5am last Saturday morning. Seriously! I was picking him up from Logan Airport to take him to the MASSABDA Winter Dance Camp on Cape Cod.

We talked about the show a lot and he shared a bunch of storise about costumes, the dancers, practice times, choreography, etc. It was very cool.

He's a nice guy. I like his "Never fear, Nick is here!" exclamation that he yells out in a group class.

16. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

So, an interesting post-finale article on MSNBC: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11584242

Michelle, so are you gonna share in minute detail all he said to you about the show? The show is over - we need something to occupy us before season 3:)

17. alemana

alemana New Member

in one of the articles i read on MSNBC.com this morning the subhead was "Drew Lachey and partner." i almost wrote in to complain - she has a freaking name.

18. SDsalsaguy

Yes. I talked to Louis last weekend (at the CA Open - also said ho to Toni, Max, Ashley, and Cheryl who were all also there) and, at the moment, the plan is to start training for season 3 in August and start airing in September.

Thanks for the link Ithink.

19. gusmahler

gusmahler New Member

I was surprised that Stacy was third in viewer voting. From the number of posts about her on the ABC board, I thought she was going to be first or second among the viewers. Maybe her performance on Thursday really effected the call-ins?

Aside: you can tell how she finished among the viewers because she finished third. As you know, the couples are ranked by the judges and by the audience. (Someone else posted about getting 3 points for 1st place and highest score wins. I actually prefer giving points out that are equal to their position, with lowest score winning. E.g., Drew gets 1 point for finishing 1st with the judges, Stacy gets 2, Jerry gets 3.)

Knowing that Stacy got 2 points from the judges, she either got 1, 2, or 3 points from the people. If she got 1 point, she would have a total of 3. That's impossible, because that would mean she beat Jerry, who already has 3 points. But we know she didn't beat Jerry, because she finished 3rd.

If she got 2 points, she'd have 4 total points. But that's impossible. If she had 4 points, than either Jerry and Drew had 4 points, and the ranking would be determined by the audience, meaning Jerry won and Stacy was second. Or if she had 4 points, then Drew would have 2 total point, but that means Jerry had 6 points. That's not possible because we know Stacy finished third.

Therefore, Stacy had to have 5 total points, 2 from the judges, 3 from the people. We don't know how many audience points Drew and Jerry had because it's impossible for Jerry to overtake Drew. (Even if Jerry finished 1st among the people, he would have 4 total points, while Drew would have 3. If Drew finished first among the people, he would have 2 points, while Jerry would have 5, but win the audience tiebreaker with Stacy. Either way, Drew beats Jerry).

As soon as Stacy's name was announced, Drew had to realize that it was mathmatically impossible for him to lose to Jerry (he mentioned that he did the math in his head). So good acting job on his part.

20. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Tell us more stories!