Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 3 - Week 1 - East Coast {SPOILERS}

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by mamboqueen, Sep 11, 2006.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

OK, my interpretation was wrong.

I don't know Elena but somehow I doubt she is a softie. She was trained under the Russian system.

2. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Sorry, I perhaps didn't make myself crystal clear in my original post. It's not hard to get aquainted with Elena. Just go to Maxim's studio where she is the Mgr and talk anything about dance. Unless she is a master of disguise, I find that she is soft, gentle, modest, and not overly aggressive.
    Btw, we hear that Yulia nad Max will have a showcase at Starlight (Nutley, NJ) on November 4. Isn't that fantastic?

3. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Yes, it is fantastic ! They're always travelling. I never see them anymore.

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I don't mean this to sound any certain way, but I think that certain women find it hard to be tough whereas the men seem to be like sergeants. Ashly needed to be tough the past two seasons, and she ended up crying instead. The only ones that was tough in my opinion was Jerry Rice's partner and Cheryl. The others just seem to let their partners slide. I see it at my studio too though, but to me... I would rather go with the tougher person just cause they aren't there to mess around.

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I think it depends on what the students wants. For me, it's OK to push a bit. But, no so much that it's not fun anymore.

6. bluetango

bluetango New Member

You mean Anna.

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yep. That's who I meant! She's married to Jonathon. I just couldn't think of her name for the life of me when I wrote that lol. ;)

8. Kiph

Kiph New Member

You mean Stalin.

9. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I missed it. What did he say?

10. Beto

Beto Active Member

Tucker was fine with the elimination. Go here:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/8063292/

and click on Tucker's Last Dance. He has Bruno Tonioli there with him.

11. alemana

alemana New Member

i can't imagine (not having viewed that first) that he'd be anything but relieved.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah I don't think that he liked dancing all that much. You either like it or you don't though, and I could see him probably getting tired of it rather quickly. ;)

I'm so disgusted. I have my privates tomorrow, at the same time DWTS comes on. Darn that ABC. I need to buy a videotape, so I can watch them later on. ;)

13. Keelzorz

Keelzorz New Member

No need to buy nuthin' when you got you some Internet!

MQ posted this last week, and it's so great. They don't record the commentary, but they type the comments out and give the scores.
    http://www.myoxisbroken.com

And they do the results show too!

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah I saw that, but it went to slow. I don't know why, because I have wireless. :(

15. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

yeah....we should remember to post that link in each weekly "chat". It'll probably get buried if we do it now. Perhaps the gal who does the site can post it when she's put the new videos on. *making mental note which will certainly dissipate over night*

16. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

I'll make sure that I post a link when the recap and vids are up.

17. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Thanks in advance MOIB! :D

18. alemana

alemana New Member

kind of a shame we don't do that ourselves round here.

19. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

20. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Needs a little design work - the blog is white text on a white background. Oops.