Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 3 - Week 2 - SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Sep 18, 2006.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:? Clearly I'm not following the comparison. :roll:

2. DancePoet

Prediction? Did I miss it? :car:

3. DancePoet

Oh, perhaps this was the prediction? :?

4. DancePoet

Do they do AT?

5. DancePoet

Now that I recall, I do remember seeing less musicality then what could have been for an AT dance.

If I recall, Louis did some decent foxtrot last season, or maybe that was in the first season?

6. DancePoet

It would be super if the T.V. folks would put an emphasis on educating people along the way.

(DP, you are dreaming. This is for the ratings and advertising dollars, this ain't PBS. ;) )

7. DancePoet

I'm not a fan of what Mario and Karina did, yet I suspect Karina would not teach in a studio to break a syllabus for competition, and I'd say there seems to be an assumption being made here that could perhaps be best reconsidered. ;)

8. DancePoet

Definitely a poor attempt at quickstep, whether or not any rule was broken.

I'm actually curious as to whether or not Joey and Edtya broke any rule that DWTS has when they permited the tap dancing in the middle? Their quickstep certainly had more quickstep in their routine then Mario and Karina, and although I liked the tap dancing, I wonder whether or not the tap dancing was within the rules?

9. DancePoet

:lol:

10. DancePoet

Cheryl seems to have an amazing taste for what looks good, and that red dress was fabulous! :raisebro:

11. DancePoet

Very, very interesting. :cool:

Hmmm ... seems like this could ad something different to the show. :D

12. DancePoet

Good point. :cheers:

13. DancePoet

Just in case ... Kenny hasn't ever recorded "Hot Blooded". ;)

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! I only have one album, but at least I know who he is lol. ;)

15. DancePoet

I don't have any of his albums. :cool:

And by the way, "Hot Blooded", if I recall correctly, was done by the group Foreigner.

16. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

I did a Google search on the "AT" couple and the only thing that came up with them both mentioned is a short film from 2002 "Kid Bang" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0375896/
    "Kid Bang, a stylish short directed by Kian Ramchandran, follows a love story set against the gritty, dancerous world of an undergound dance competition. Think Moulin Rouge meets 8 Mile with a splash of old school eclectric boogaloo."

His resume shows that he has been a working actor for quite some time.
    Looking his credits I see several projects coming out in 2006/2007. Do I get a whiff of self promotion?

That AT had the look of a very nervous couple competing in their first Theater Arts competition. And Nuevo Tango dancers tend to dance AT to just about any type of music, but even they would be stumped at THAT choice.

I'm wondering if the music selection people are given a list of music that costs under XX dollars to rent and have to decide what "can" be danced to it.
    I heard the Big Black Horse and A Cherry Tree song at a Blues/Lindy/AT dance and danced Samba to it. Go figure that they would make it a Quickstep and a super slow one at that. It would have been a great slow Samba for Emmett later on.

PS you should see the video for that song on You Tube. It's incredible how one singer/songwriter gets that much sound out of voice, guitar, tambourine, and sampler machine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu7BasZwjDw

17. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Am I the only one then that actually dance swing to Billy Idol when the song first came out?

It's the first selection they have come up with that I felt actually gave the dancers some musical energy and the correct tempo to play with.

(OK, I admit, I have always trawled current music to find those that fit the ballroom dances. Maybe they should hire me to pick out the music:rolleyes:. Better yet, just borrow my mP3 player.:cool: )

18. reb

reb Active Member

hey hey!
    . . . turn on da wadio . . . cwosuh . . . fi wuh

19. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Share, please! Would you post some of your favorites in the Dance Music section? Thanks!

20. My Ox Is Broken

My Ox Is Broken New Member

The joke that started this was that, since Julio Iglesias covered a Foreigner song on the results show, they should have some old singer cover Foreigner songs every week. Like Neil Diamond singing "Juke Box Hero" or Kenny Rogers singing "Hot Blooded."

To my knowledge, Julio is the first of the once-great singers to cover Foreigner. It's probably best if it stays that way.