Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 3 - Week 3 - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Sep 25, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

Jive and tango will be the order of the day. tango always brings out some unexpectedly dramatic moments... i'm looking forward.

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I don't think Jive will be especially Jerry friendly either :wink:

3. rpungin

rpungin New Member

For those who can't get ABC on their TVs but have broadband internet, I will be broadcasting the show live via my webcam. For more info visit http://dwts.info

4. alemana

alemana New Member

wow thanks raphael!

5. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

According to a post on the ABC message board, the lineup for tonight is:

Jive
    Willa
    Monique
    Joey
    Sara

Tango
    Jerry
    Emmitt
    Harry
    Mario
    Vivica

Should be another interesting and fun night.

Paula

6. SDsalsaguy

Hmmm, wonder how they chose those dance assignments... :roll:

7. tuftufwang

tuftufwang Member

Would have loved to see Mario and Karina in the Jive. Why did they and maybe some other couples get stuck with the same style of dancing (i.e. Latin or Standard) 2 weeks in a row?

8. SDsalsaguy

Likewise! :mad:

9. alemana

alemana New Member

that would be a bloodbath - they would just slaughter everyone else. not that i wouldn't enjoy it :)

10. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

Looks like Sara got a tough assignment. I think she'd be better at tango.

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I agree; she's more of a standard/smooth dancer.I see a real opportunity for Willa here. She's got the energy to do a great jive, and if she can keep her footwork straight, she could stand out from the pack tonight. I see Harry as possibly being in trouble here, since he (along with Sara) has had the most difficulty in putting the emotional content into his dances. For some reason, I think Emmitt and Vivica will turn out well, and Jerry will act and humor his way through it well enough to survive another week. And I'll go out on a bit of a limb here and say that Mario will be excellent in tango.

12. SDsalsaguy

Yes, if there's any of the ballroom dances where I'd expect Mario/Karina to really shine, Tango is it. (Still small compensation for not getting to see them do a Jive thoiugh!)

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok call me crazy if you will, but wasn't there one episode last season where they all sat in the room and the professionals picked their dances out of a hat? Why does that memory come to mind?

14. Beto

Beto Active Member

I think you're crazy. ;) You're thinking of So You Think You Can Dance. On that show the judges picked the dance styles for each couple and put them in the Sorting Hat. AFAIK, Dancing with the Stars doesn't follow this format though I do wonder who it is calling the shots for the dance styles on this show. I'm under the impression (correct me if I'm wrong if you have better info) that the judges don't play a part in the dance styles for each week.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! I don't mind being called crazy. I just remember like Maxim and Louis all picking things out of a hat (and you are right they do this on So You Think You Can Dance too). But I remember that they were all sitting on black couches, and I remember umm... Ashly telling Joey about it for some reason. It was right before they did that Grease number.

16. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I think maybe they picked the order for the Viennese waltz solos?

17. reb

reb Active Member

Did they separate Joey and Mario - preventing their head-to-head in the same dance and a clear early winner??
    Joey should be able to handle the jive as well as any guy.
    Will Mario be able to keep his frame?
    If they both come through - total speculation as to who's better
    Drama

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Hmm... You might be right. I remember in that scene that they also were given the records for their next performance. It would be interesting to find out how they really pick the order etc. ;)

19. SDsalsaguy

Well, I doubt they were records... ;)

But otherwise, exactly right. The dancers are handed their music following the results show, meaning that the producers have already chosen who's dancing to what.

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! Yeah you are right. They were probably CD's or something like that. ;)