Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS 3 - Week 3 - SPOILERS!

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Sep 25, 2006.

1. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Ha ha! Good point....I didn't think of that! So does that mean when they talk about dancing in front of their family members and friends and such, all that is a lie too? Hmmm...wasn't it Porfirio who has actually been to a taping? (or was that SYTYCD) We should ask someone on DF who has gone. Surely SOME of it is done in front of an audience...

2. yanka

yanka New Member

I don't think that's true at all. You can see the audience in the background during the dance scenes.

edit: might be a different audience...

3. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Over on Television Without Pity, someone posted who had been at a results show taping. He said that they tape the pro performances (with the live audience) before the broadcast, and then the audience watches the video as the "live" feed is going out. But the results announcements really are "live."

I'm pretty sure that someone posted last season about being there during filming, and the performances weren't taped ahead of time.

Besides, do you really believe that ABC would let Monique Coleman moon the east coast if they were taping in advance and had the opportunity to prevent it?

4. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Hmmm...so is this Access Hollywood lady misrepresenting, or does she just mean the pros, or is it a new thing they have started this season(she supposedly was there)? Ok, that settles it...someone needs to go to the show for us this season! Lol! Btw, I went back to Louis's myspace page and watched the video and there are definitely people there. Unless they do some fancy tape splicing....

5. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I think that it's just the pro segments that, although danced in front of a live audience, get spliced into the live broadcast of the results.

6. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I assume it's just the big pro number that is taped in advance, but in front of an audience, and so if they make a big mistake, they can re-do, that's my guess anyway.

A propos the name, at one point Karina and Louis were trying to come up with an ad that reflected that both their names involved alcoholic beverages (they even asked my advice) and were hoping to get some sponsor money from a liquor company but nothing really seemed appropriate or really worked.

7. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Ha - that would've been hilarious!

8. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Wait, I am the first one who posted Karina's past partnership with Killick and her name at that time as karyna Kylkova. The rest followed me. I am the real historian with photographic memory. Why don't I receive the credit I deserve.

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just not enough bandwidth.....

10. reb

reb Active Member

Wow. That faking it may be taking it too far.

I remember simple things in the past, like at USDSC at the old place when they asked us to all clap for about a minute so the cameras could pick up extra footage. although . . . that's the one where they made a 2-hour Standard-only TV show that pushed the edge of boredom (except that Victor made the final!).

11. Mistymood

Mistymood New Member

I was at the Sept. 20th results show. An hour before the show they did pre-tape the professionals' jive number. (Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna snuck into the row where I was to watch. Harry was still in jeans and sneakers.) Although it looked great to me, the camera crew had them do it a second time. Then they pre-taped Julio Inglesias and Cheryl and Max doing the rumba. They were awesome and it only took one take.

About 20 minutes later we were broadcasting live to the east coast. Joey and Edyta did a reprise of their number from the night before and it looked even better to me. Then they began announcing the results. As the hour progressed, the only pre-taped segments that were interspersed were clips of the previous night's dancing and the jive and Julio Inglesias's number. Everything else was live.

I had a blast being there. Would go again in a heartbeat!

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

wecome to DF misty

13. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

well, they said it had been happening during the past couple of weeks, but I think September 20th more than qualifies as that! lol! So I may be naive, but I'm choosing to believe that the shows are all done like the one you attended, although for the life of me I can't figure out why Access Hollywood would report wrong info, unless she was just exaggerating to cause an uproar or what she wrote was misinterpreted. At any rate, that's awesome that you got to go! I'm envious! Lol!

14. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

The pro performances are probably done ahead of time so that the (especially the female) pros aren't going back and forth between costumes and hair and makeup. Add to that editing the switches between the musical guests and multiple couples in the group numbers. I doubt it's a huge conspiracy. SYTYCD pretaped the opening group number and musical guest before the "live" results show.

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

My thoughts exactly, and no big deal.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Thanks for telling us this! So, that means you guys were there at least three hours then right lol? I would have been in heaven lol. I would have got tired of sitting down too, but if they keep you that entertained for that long then it would be worth it, and I would have tried to remain in my seat as long as possible lol. ;)

17. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Thanks for clarifying things for us, and welcome to DF!

18. contracheck

contracheck New Member

First in getting beaten up, last in receiving due credit. What am I doing wrong?

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Let me guess... are you a desperate male lol? Ok don't shoot me guys I couldn't resist lol! I'm just kidding! A majority of my friends are male lol. :p

You are doing nothing wrong, so let me be the first to say thank you for the information! ;)

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I got to thinking, should these stars say who they think should be in the top four? Willa was mad when Lisa said that Harry was going to beat her out, but then she went back and said that she was hoping that it would be her, Monique, Joey, and Mario, and that anyone else that stayed in it really wouldn't be a dance competition. To me that sounds maybe a bit arrogant. What about Emmet etc.? Whether Willa likes it or not, she still has to compete with them. To me I'd probably say that I'd like to be in the top four, but I would have kept it at that nothing else. I don't know though. Her statements had thrown me off like Lisa's did. What do you all think? Should they be careful with how they answer their questions?