Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DwtS Alumni and their Choices

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Wolfgang, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Somewhat off-topic, sorry:

Happened to catch a couple of episodes of a show called The Choice, in which 4 celebrity men get to select 1 from a gaggle of women to take on a date after the show.
    Participants have included several former DwtS contestants, such as Warren Sapp, 'The Situation' and some other guy whose name escapes me.
    I get the point - the girls want to date celebrities - but since when do celebrity guys need help getting women?

2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Well, I can imagine some celebrity men would like help getting women who are NOT out to date them just because they're celebrities who can get said women on TV and living an expensive lifestyle, but it would seem to me a reality show would be a poor place to look for such women....

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

or they have run through all of the shallow women who can't see through them in their immediate strike zone and need help casting a wider net, because all that remains within reach are women who aren't wowed by their bodies and celebrity

4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Idle speculation on my part, but my guess is that male celebrities do NOT participate on shows like this in order to "get women," even if that is the ostensible point of the show.

I think they do it to get additional publicity.

I think this would go double for celebrities who may be slightly passed their "sell by" date, if you know what I mean.

5. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

I suppose the same might go for the girls as well.
    The desire to be on TV at all costs must be STRONG!

6. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Another reason to cancel your cable / satellite subscription?

7. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Have neither, that was on Fox.

8. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

People sign on to jobs on TV shows (working on a reality tv show is a job) for:

1. money
    2. fame
    3. adventure/excitement

Their celebrity status does not exclude them from any of the above, and in fact simply puts them at the head of the list that is drawn up when contestants / actors are required.