Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DwtS Future Contestants Wishlists

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Wolfgang, May 29, 2012.

1. Wolfgang

Wolfgang Member

Looking past the upcoming All-Star season, who would you like to see on the show?
    Sure, most of the past contestants were either stars only in very limited circles or stars whose careers had hit the doldrums for X number of years (or decades) or Disney in-house products, but hey, we're not Disney ,so everyone is fair game.

I'd say Christie Brinkley is a natural, Lindsey Vonn (U.S. skier) would be interesting, or how about getting Sofia Vergara before Modern Family tanks?
    Skateboarding's most famous rep, Tony Hawk. He's tall (for a skater), athletic and about as graceful as a scarecrow.
    They could find out if Alan Jackson (Country singer) is as much of a useless, rhythm-challenged clod as Billy Ray Cyrus was.
    Also, I still like my idea of bringing Meryl Davis and Charlie White (U.S. ice dancers) on as a couple and giving them a pro as a sort of 'mentor'.

2. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

3. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

William shatner!!!!!

Jananananana likes this.
  4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

THIS. It would be awesome no matter how it went.

5. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Liking the Sofia Vergara suggestion Wolfgang. I'd love to see Alfonso Ribeiro (Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel Air) and Dustin Diamond on the show. I'd be a sucker for Billie Piper too.

edit: William Shatner thirded!

6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Love this idea!

7. babyphoenixs13

babyphoenixs13 New Member

Jim Parson from Big Bang Theory, Sofia Vergara or Eva Longoria!

8. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Jim Parson seconded!!!

I think Eva Longoria knows how to salsa/mambo...doesn't that count?

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Plus one.

10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Nathan Fillion would be kind of awesome on the show. Optionally on the same season as the aforementioned Shat.

On that note, how about the ringer-iest ringer that ever did ring: Summer Glau? (Assuming her toe was up for it.) Ok, fine. Maybe Morena Baccarin instead?

An absolute fantasy-land wish: Anne Hathaway.

11. mindputtee

Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau, Shatner... yes, yes, and yes. It would be fabulous.

12. davedove

davedove Active Member

I still think some of the celebrity chefs would be fabulous: Paula Dean, Guy Fieri, Alton Brown. I think any of these would make great contestants.

chachachacat likes this.
  13. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Gotta go with the others for the sci-fi nerd win :D

Nathan, Summer, Adam Baldwin (who doesn't love Jane?). Shatner would be great! Jim Parson, and I'm really gonna show my nerdness and say I would love Michael Shanks or David Hewlett too.

Props to anyone who knows who those last 2 even are...lol

FancyFeet likes this.
  14. JudeMorrigan

Adam Baldwin would be *fantastic*. And I'm down with your recommendations for Dr. Jackson or Rodney. RDA would be fun too.

15. davedove

davedove Active Member

Well (showing my inner geek here), Michael Shanks played Daniel Jackson on Stargate SG1.:cool: I can't say I've seen him on much recently. He might be available.

16. mindputtee

I would kill for David Tennant but I just don't think that's going to happen.

17. JudeMorrigan

As long we we're getting our geek on, I bet Neil deGrasse Tyson would do it. They could put the "engineers/scientists and ballroom dancing" thing to what would pretty much be the ultimate test.

18. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Ok, you win in the geek category lol. I didn't know who Neil deGrasse Tyson was. But I get a few geek points back because I googled him due to the fact that my OCD just couldn't take it :)

19. JudeMorrigan

Well, he did have an appearance on Stargate: Atlantis, so I was keeping the thread going in the same direction it had been, really. (Poor Wolfgang, I imagine he had no idea what he was unleashing. :))

Total aside: love the new avatar pic, mindputtee.

20. mindputtee

(Still off topic) Thanks! One of my dancer/photographer friends has been doing photoshoots of ballroom dancers in full competition get up around Washington, DC and this was one of the products. If you're on facebook you should check it out, it's called "The Ballroom Project".