Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS II - Week 5

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 30, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

We don't have Master P to pick on anymore. Who's next?

2. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

George Hamilton?

3. Medira

Medira New Member

Probably.

I think he's going to have some major issues with viennese, if he makes it that far. (When will they be doing VW anyway? Anybody know? What are this week's dances? ...Samba is one, probably. What am I missing?)

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I thought they announced samba and salsa, but I'm not sure about that because salsa isn't technically one of the International Latin dances. I could have been hearing things. It wouldn't be the first time.

5. Medira

Medira New Member

Hm... I wonder who would be dancing what, and I wonder how Len would handle having to judge a non-syllabus (International or American) dance. :tongue: ...it also makes me wonder if they'll get into the American style dances like bolero and mambo.

*curious*

6. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Jerry Rice and George Hamilton will have to leave before any of the others. But I have a feeling that Jerry Rice also will stay in the competition for too long.

7. alemana

alemana New Member

i could see why salsa would be a good choice, viewership wise, but as a salsera and a ballroom dancer, the idea makes me cringe.

bolero, however... that would be great.

8. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

I'll agree with alemana on this one--I'd kill to see some really excellent bolero. And since there's more celebrities this season, we're going to have to see some more dances than we did last season!

9. Angelo

Angelo Member

Oh it probably wouldn't be so bad. Alec Mazo did pretty well with it last time around. The potential music selection is what worries me.

10. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Did pretty well with what?

11. Angelo

Angelo Member

Salsa. You should remember since you were drooling over his *ahem* posterior region

12. Medira

Medira New Member

I believe you're thinking about the samba, Angelo. There wasn't any salsa last season.

13. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well apparently I wasn't looking at his feet! :raisebro:

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

All of the teams will be dancing samba this week, with salsa being done as a "group" dance (like VW was in season 1). Personally I'm scared to see what some of these "salsa" dances will look like... :?

15. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

*cough* and 7 sleeps until I get to drool over ALL of him!!!!!!:raisebro: :D

16. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I suspect it will look a lot like American rhythm mambo. We've got a rhythm champion as one of the pro's.

17. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. I have a feeling it might get ugly. :?

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

How? Ugly as in couples running into each other and ending up on the floor? Or just plain ugly dancing?

19. alemana

alemana New Member

eh, mambo is not that particular rhythm champion's strong suite.

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, not ugly dancing, but ugly "salsa" -- but, with the music that's sure to be used, who knows if it will even sound like salsa either!