Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS II - Week 6

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Ralph

Ralph New Member

I hope the moderators don't mind me making this thread already, but I had a question about it. Does anyone know who's gonna dance what?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Go for it, Ralph. :D

3. swan

swan Member

I meant to ask this a long time ago. The pros are getting paid a flat rate per week, right? Then how many hours can the celeb & pro work together? Is there a cap? Watching Louis following Lisa around (likewise Alec was following Kelly in last season), I cannot imagine a top gun like him wouldn't get paid for that ! Can't be included in that flat rate pay!

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I think the amount quoted (for last season) was a flat $2000/month. Not sure what the fee is this season.

5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, here's what I'm wondering, too....do the pros work with the celebs right there in LA, or do they fly them back to their studios and work with them there? I kinda wondered if they get some extra choreography/coaching help with dances that are not the pro's "best."

6. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Who do you think will have to leave? I am almost certain it will be George.

7. smooth_dancer

smooth_dancer New Member

I had heard that the fee is up $1,500 a week this season. Gosh, $2000 a month is very little indeed for a lot of work! I guess the dance teachers must want the exposure. I wonder how much the show pays the celebrities. I bet the rate for them varies due to negotiations (i.e., "pay me a million, and I'll draw more fans to your show"). :raisebro:

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Taken from the Feb 2006 DanceSportComps.com newsletter (produced by Michael Mead):

Charlotte would have made an exceptional co-host! ABC really screwed up on that one. :?

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I dunno...it certainly doesn't seem to be like the position would make the most of her abilities. I have no idea who the brunette is that's doing it this season, but she seems to be pretty much a non-entity.

10. gusmahler

gusmahler New Member

I know that Anna and Jerry practice in the Bay Area. (See this thread: http://dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=11365 ). I would assume the other couples also practice somewhere other than LA. I did notice that two of the couples were practicing at the same facility. Unfortunately, I don't remember who they were.

EDIT: I do remember one of the couples. Whoever is married to Harry Hamlin (Lisa?) practiced at a place with a distinctive shelf by the door. Another couple practiced at a place similar to that.

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Unfortunately for Jerry, he's gonna really have to put his butt in gear this week, what with taking time off from training to appear at the Super Bowl and all. Anna's going to have to really kick his knat.

12. alemana

alemana New Member

according to another board, max and edyta will dance Friday on the results show, along with his little brother Val and 2 youth couples from max's studio in new jersey.

13. Medira

Medira New Member

Ooh! That sounds great!

Any word on who's singing on the results show?

14. alemana

alemana New Member

it would be hard to top last week's awfulness, but i'm sure they'll try.

15. Medira

Medira New Member

Heh...I'm still holding out hope for Michael Buble on the 17th. (It is the 17th he's slated to be on the show, right?)

16. Ralph

Ralph New Member

A friend of Louis's told me that Louis and Lisa are going to dance the Quickstep.

17. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Cool! I have 4 of his CD's on my desk right now - Michael Buble, Come Fly With Me, It's Time and With Love (Hallmark). :)

18. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Bumping this question up again, enquiring minds want to know!

19. Dance4Ever

Dance4Ever New Member

ITA. By being in the bottom two last week, it appears he does not have the fan vote to topple Jerry or Lisa. To survive, he'd have to place high with the judges which is almost certainly not going to happen with Drew, Stacy, and Lisa dancing so well. He might be lucky if Lisa's quickstep is not up to par because Louis is a Latin Pro.

20. alemana

alemana New Member

i read somewhere that everybody is dancing the dances they haven't done yet, so it won't be like previous weeks, where you'd only see 2 different dances.