Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS II - Week 6

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Feb 4, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

max's kids were cute, i actually liked the costumes they put them in - casual, stylish and, shocking considering how tactlessly they are normally dressed for competition, not too revealing. the girls weren't too made up - also a surprise. if anything the boys seem a little poorly-trained in that they appear to have completely disregarded the concept that the point of latin dancing is to showcase the woman.

2. alemana

alemana New Member

george and edyta, out.

3. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

I think Lisa would have killed herself if she and Louis hadn't made it through...

4. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

Agree totally. I loved watching the students, but I felt like telling the boys to "Pull it back, Cassie."

5. alemana

alemana New Member

for sure.

her psychological... issues are a perfect match for Louis and the patented Thinking Dutchman Approach.

6. alemana

alemana New Member

there are few things more distasteful than a teenaged boy with his shirt open to his waist, half a bottle of hair product and... multiple necklaces.

7. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

I said (posted) it last night, but it's worth repeating: Edyta looks amazing. That dress is gorgeous and looks gorgeous on her.

8. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

One thing that is more distasteful is the 70-year old man at my first comp "with his shirt open to his waist, half a bottle of hair product and... multiple necklaces".

I am not making this up. I wish I were.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

for more questionable dancing, change over to NBC, showing the opening ceremonies at the olympics as we speak. a little tango interlude right now...

10. alemana

alemana New Member

holy ****, how they are actually ballroom dancing at the opening ceremonies.

in white suits with black spots, representing "cows." alpine cows. doing the waltz.

11. alemana

alemana New Member

cowwaltz.

i am not making this up.

12. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

DWTBSOTA
    Dancing With the Bovine Stars of the Alps

13. alemana

alemana New Member

hahahahahhh *snort*

i would like to be on that show. i do a mean cow. especially in the bolero.

cowbolero.

14. alemana

alemana New Member

actually you could re-record "bamboleo" with "cowbolero" and have a hit on your hands.

15. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

Cows are sensitive to the paso doble, however.

16. alemana

alemana New Member

so let's see, back to the show.

george and edyta, as heidi klum would say, are out. the final stage for conflict is set: drew, stacey and lisa.

personally i think stacey should be disqualified just by virtue of association with anybody connected to the Dirty Dancing recreation. some ballroom dancers have jazz chops but TD did not evidence any in that number. it seemed to be a very close approximation of the original choreography, which was tailored for a very different type of dancer with a very different body - just didn't work for T.

17. Firsttime Dancer

Firsttime Dancer New Member

OK, still watching the results show here but I have a question for you "longer" time dancers. Well at least those of you who have been dancing for more than 3 months.

With Max's kids the boys/guys seemed to be really working the room. To the point that they just about out danced their partners. My daughter even commented on it.

Was it just our still untrained eyes or were the guys really hyped and the girls a little off?

Just wondering, they were really good, don't get me wrong. Just curious.
    Thanks

18. alemana

alemana New Member

like i said, i thought the boys were hamming a bit too much. they were certainly very strong dancers - it's obvious who gets the most attention at that school - but their job is to put the lady in the spotlight, and they didn't do that. to be fair, they were (as always) dancing somebody else's choreography, so that's part of it.

19. Firsttime Dancer

Firsttime Dancer New Member

Thanks Alemana,
    We try not to read the posts until after the show is over out here..kind of like the suspense!!!

But had to ask the question because it was driving me nuts...Ok my daughter was driving me nuts asking me repeatedly about it!

Talk to ya soon!

20. alemana

alemana New Member

ohhh i see. it's ok, i wasn't rebuking you for not reading every single one of my largely pointless posts.