Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS II - Week 6

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Ralph, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Firsttime Dancer

Firsttime Dancer New Member

I missed the dancing cows and now I think that I am glad...will go and watch the rest of the opening of the olympics and strangle #1 son whom is trying to stuff #2 son in the couch cushions...sigh..why did the results show have to end and I have to rejoin the family????

2. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Thank goodness for split screens and digital video recorders. I was forewarned about the cow outfits from a friend who was watching it live. Damn the NBC tape-delay stuff...

But I actually watched the results show semi-live. I just had to cringe when it came to some of the musical selections that are paired with these performances (Thursday show). Also, can we please admit that Stacy has had some ballet training? Maybe it was when she was a little kid, but still... insinuating that she is somehow a novice... (I know we've covered this...).

3. africana

africana New Member

oh my!! I REALLY enjoyed the "kids" performance! The boys were fresh

I really wouldn't have thought anything of their solos if I didn't read the comments here. i say leave em alone :p they were great! it didn't look like overshadowing the girls, the girls were all great despite the spotlight-time for the boys who had the gift of "rockin it"

4. africana

africana New Member

know next to little about ballroom norm, but i must be the only one who thinks this cheryl lady is kinda u--- in presentation, those shoulders ugh

5. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I caught those dancing cows!! Bizarre!

This Friday results show is a bit of a stretch, don't you think? They barely have enough material to fill it.

Bye bye, Georgie, you were extremely entertaining and fun.

6. Ralph

Ralph New Member

It's too bad that Jerry Rice has so much popularity. I'm afraid that he will get to the final at cost of Lisa Rinna, and that wouldn't be fair in my opinion.

7. LXC

LXC New Member

Lisa is a better dancer but Jerry is so likable and Lisa so histerical that I'm actually fine if he gets into the final instead of her. I don't think it'll happen though.

Of course Valentine and the boys get all the attention; who do you think choregraphed it?;) You see this on the comp floor too with some of the youth couples.

8. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it is ones knowledge of ballroom that should stop them from calling someone ugly.

9. africana

africana New Member

she isn't just her way of dancing, shoulders look hunched up to me

actually I can't put my finger on it, it could also be the hair action (looks fake), make up/expression

10. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

I thought last night's show was pretty awesome- not perfect of course ;) but good. The show with the jive was spectacular- sure the choreography was more tailored in certain parts to showcase the boys but anyone who says Valeriya doesn't know how to play to the camera is insane! I really like the new partnership of Boris and Nicole Volynets- that was the first time I saw them dance together. Sergey did ham it up a bit, but I think that's part of that couple's dynamic- he has a louder personality on the floor and she is more subtle- that is something you have to see in person. Those couples are all so talented!!! Not to mention very very nice people and esp Valentin who is a great guy and actually kind of quiet in person- obviously quite different than his dance persona. Watching him and Valeriya practice is incredible.

About the Dirty Dancing segment. I actually liked Cheryl's performance here! If anyone should complain about anything, it should be Tony Dovolani's attempts at acting, dancing jazz (w/psuedo- ballet jumps and pirouettes that he hasn't a clue about), and skipping around. It needs to stop!

All I have to about the voting is thank God America got things right this time! I love George but it was time to go and I don't think he would have literally survived another week. It looks like the finale is really going to have the best celebs of the show.

11. Ralph

Ralph New Member

Who is Valentine actually? Is it Maksim's nephew or what?

12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

No, his younger brother, and already a World and Blackpool Champion (in the appropriate age categories).

13. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

My thought exactly! The girls need some lessons from a great female pro, and the boys need to be introduced to the concept of partnering!

14. gusmahler

gusmahler New Member

Agreed. The segment was fine until Tony started doing that. He looked really awkward doing those jumps and stuff, just not natural.

15. Beto

Beto Active Member

I've seen him do quickstep with a professional partner on a video that a friend of mine has and it's obviously quite different from what the 'stepdown in quality' that he had to do with Lisa. Do keep in mind that the professional dancers are stepping their 'game' down to work with these celebrities.

16. alemana

alemana New Member

um, ya, i get that.

;)

17. Beto

Beto Active Member

My bad. :oops: Forgot to load my 'sarcasm filter' when replying to comments from the live show. :headwall::mrgreen:

18. alemana

alemana New Member

i dance pro-am myself, so i really get the whole 'dancing down' thing. it stabs me in the heart pretty much every day :)

19. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

i'm confused by your sig line....of course, i'm confused by a lot these days. the date....2/19/06...has not yet happened :shock:

20. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Well ... you got brains and beauty. ;)