Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10--Cast Changes, celeb rumors?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by danceronice, Feb 22, 2010.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Yahoo just ran an article on their front page, saying that Cheryl and Derek have revealed they'll be back, while Lacey and Jonathan (!) have indicated they will NOT return.

Also mentioned--casting rumors include Pamela Anderson, and "a man who has set foot on the moon". Okay, I don't care about the first, but the latter--are they being coy/clever and it'll be someone who's PLAYED an astronaut? Because if they're being literal, that's a VERY narrow field--twelve people, at least two of whom are dead, narrowing it to ten, none of whom are especially young any more. I mean...who? It can't be Armstrong, he barely tolerates doing interviews. Aldrin? I was thinking Lovell and then realized if it's 'set foot on the moon', he doesn't count. Jack Schmitt's the youngest but way obscure to anyone but geology geeks.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/tv...cheryl-burke-back-dancing-lacey-schwimmer-out

2. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Louis tweeted on Saturday that he is waiting for "his" celeb to sign the contract before he can find out who it is.

3. Beto

Beto Active Member

Cheryl tweeted that the cast will be announced tonight during The Bachelor.

4. Beto

Beto Active Member

Oops, broken link. Cheryl's tweet

5. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I thought it was next Tuesday during the Bachelor finale?

6. Beto

Beto Active Member

I just checked and you're right since The Bachelor ends March 1st. The pros meet their celebrity partners on Friday.

Add Dmitry and Jonathan to the list of pros not returning which we know includes Lacey and Karina. I've read that Kym's out too.

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Five Pros are out of the lineup ! That's alot. They must be bringing some new Pros on board or cutting the number of couples.

8. davedove

davedove Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!:cry: I was just starting to really appreciate her.

Now that I could agree with. Let's eliminate those pesky double eliminations. Also fewer couples would make it easier to keep track of everyone and the shows wouldn't feel so rushed with trying to get all the dances in.

9. plastic

plastic New Member

Pros lineup so far: Cheryl, Chelsie, Edyta, Anna T. Derek, Mark, Tony, Maks, Louis, Damian.

New pro: Damian Whitewood. He's Australian from Burn the Floor.

Season 10 will have 11 couples.

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Damian?

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

That was my reaction too. Not that I know who's who in ballroom as that's y'all but it looks like DwtS is bringing in some new blood. Maybe there's a quota about keeping one Aussie dancer in the cast? ;)

Does anyone know if Kym's still doing Burn the Floor on Broadway or is her stint over?

12. Beto

Beto Active Member

13. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Burn the Floor closed in January. :(

14. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

15. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

wait, when did that happen?!

16. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

January?

17. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

I believe Burn the Floor was to go to tour Australia after the closing a month early (in January) on Broadway.

18. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

aww thats not cool

19. ColinMJarman

ColinMJarman New Member

Referring to why Kym Johnson may not be back for DWTS 10 (not definite until all names are revealed tomorrow) but it has been reported that Kym is burned out after helping Donny win DWTS 9 and then going straight to Broadway for Burn The Floor.

And she is also homesick for Australia.

So, even though she is defending champion, it would be easy to understand why she might not come back voluntarily.

Of course, her DWTS 10 return is always dependant on the producers finding a suitable partner for her. Though, of all the DWTS pros, she does seem to be able to match with different styles of celeb.

Whatever Kym does let's hope she is back for DWTS 11 in the fall.

Colin

20. maksfan616

maksfan616 New Member

Karina is out. Articles are so pieced together they don't even know what they are writing. Maks said he thought all the pros knew Pam would be on.