Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10--Cast Changes, celeb rumors?

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by danceronice, Feb 22, 2010.

1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

It's bad enough when a reality show gives someone their 15 minutes of fame. I'm really tired of other reality shows turning their 15 minutes into 30 or an hour.

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

I can see him with Edyta.

3. This is one of the first seasons where I'm actually not excited for anything on DWTS. Not the stars, not the pros. Ugh. Oh well, more time for other shows...

4. ColinMJarman

ColinMJarman New Member

A motley dance crew announced for DWTS 10 ... any celeb you are really happy to see and any you'd rather not be there?

Am most keen to see Chad Ochocinco put his money moves where his mouth is.

My early fav to win is Erin Andrews as she was a dancer growing up and she is still very fit. Can see her and her pro partner being the ones to beat right off the bat.

Colin
    http://www.BlogOnTheDanceFloor.com

5. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

"Actress" Kate Goselin?

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I think that was the result of no commas. :) She's a "former reality star."

7. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

I think Evan can do quite well. Many ice dancers take dance classes. The dance can also improve his routines, I would think. I am curious about this one.

8. Merrylegs

Thanks. I am slightly, ever so slightly relieved to see that.

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Evan's not an ice dancer. He's a singles skater. ("Ice dancer" is a specific discipline, not a general term for figure skaters.) And I would bet no matter what he says now, future competitive routines are not an issue--he's got Olymipc gold and his world title from last year and a coach with maybe one more Olympic cyclce left (during which he'll likely focus on Mirai.) But he does have a contract with Stars On Ice...or maybe he can take up ice dance if he finds a girl tall enough!

I have to wonder how Evan will do. He has the hair down, for a start! But he's not known for being especially graceful or balletic. (I'm fine with that, I prefer men to skate like men. Though not like scarecrows with pelvic thrusts, yes, Plushenko, I am looking at YOU.) He is also VERY tall for a skater. Not that I don't know tall ballroom dancers, and it's certainly easier if it's the lead who's tall, but we'll see. One thing he defintely has is a serious work ethic. DWTS will probably be like a vacation!

And even if he is 80, I'm rather anxious to see how "Dr. Rendezvous" does as a dancer! Is Buzz going to be the oldest contestant ever?

And I'm starting the campaign now--Kate Gosslein, first to go home!

10. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Here are the pairings:

Buzz Aldrin - Ashley Costa
    Pamela Anderson - Damian Whitewood
    Erin Andrews - Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Shannen Doherty - Mark Ballas
    Kate Gosselin - Tony Dovolani
    Evan Lysacek - Anna Trebunskaya
    Niecy Nash - Louis Van Amstel
    Chad Ochocinco - Cheryl Burke
    Jake Pavelka - Chelsie Hightower
    Nicole Scherzinger - Derek Hough
    Aiden Turner - Edyta Sliwinska

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Tony, I love you, but you are not getting my votes this time. Sorry.

And apparently, the producers are out to get Mark.

Ashley's back?

12. Merrylegs

I think Cloris was 82 when she was on the show.

13. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Yes, Ashley is back.

14. dance234

dance234 New Member

wow, the cast list is crazy.

15. wonderwoman

lol Poor Tony.

16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Once again Derek gets a hot babe ! Lucky dog !

17. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

actually most figure skaters do take ballet... so even though evan may not be experienced in partnering (like an ice dancer would), he might have some dance background. In general, it takes a lot of body awareness to even be able to stand up on the ice so I think that Evan might be quite good at dancing. He definitely has the work ethic!! still bummed we will not see him at worlds.. oh well, his life, not mine. I will look forward to seeing him on DWTS.

Derek always seems to get paired with the hot babes. And Nicole should be a good dancer coming from PCD.... they might be very good together.

18. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

Karina probably makes more money coaching in one day than she would make in a whole week on DWTS.

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

ohhhh, I think Chelsie is gonna have a blast with Jake. And I don't think he'll drop her! :p

20. wonderwoman

I think its a good match. Oh wait he doesnt like the sweet girls he likes the wild ones, should been Cheryl lol