Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Mar 29, 2010.

1. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

After they announced that she would leave she said she wasn't upset bc she liked dancing with mark and didn't want to "go through it with anyone else"

Mark Ballas then clarified by saying that yesterday he tore the muscles off the bone in his knee and may need surgery, but will definitely be out for 6 months. Sounds very painful. Evidently, last night when the cameras weren't rolling, he was on crutches! :(

2. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

I always thought Pamela was just a bimbo. After it was announced that she was in the bottom two I really felt sorry for her. She definitely was in the top half, at least, of dancing skills and really pulled off the Marilyn thing also. I may have to start voting.

3. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I mean he will need 6 WEEKS to recover... not 6 months... my bad

4. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Please excuse my ignorance as I've never really watched DWTS before this season, but how do they "combine" the judge's score with the viewer's votes? Is there a formula? And do they show how many people voted for which couple? Or do we just take the producer's word for it? Thanks!

5. Beto

Beto Active Member

So far as I can recall the formula has never been revealed. It's something that DwtS's producers have been tight-lipped about. Unfortunately we just have to take their word for it. Annoying, no?

6. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

It's based on the share of the scores/votes each couple receives. It's all explained here. http://web.archive.org/web/20100301...com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/about-voting

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  7. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Thanks!! Do they reveal the numbers from the votes? My only confusion is if they don't show the votes, the producers could just be making it up, and then it doesn't really matter who we vote for. Or is that presumptuous of me to think that?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  8. Beto

Beto Active Member

Not presumptuous at all. It's definitely been discussed here.

9. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Got it! Thanks :)

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

On ANY reality show at ANY time the producers are involved in the decision making, no matter what they say onscreen. (And they all have fine-print disclaimers.) There's not a single voting show out there where they can't manipulate the results. I actually don't think they overtly overturn the voters on DWTS very often, but in this case I have to wonder if it was a close call between Shannon and Kate and they fudged in Kate's favor to preserve the drama.

Though...I'm usually the last person to cry sexism/bias, but so Aiden can have Edyta in tears and that gets glossed, while Kate can frustrate Tony to the point he walks out and Kate's a psycho shrew but Aiden just lost it for a moment? It seemed like there was a lot more pro-frustrating going on this week than there has been in the past, and Kate was not the only offender.

11. LucyDiamond

Or, they fudged Shannon's since Mark had to drop out anyway. She didn't seem upset to be leaving. She even said she discovered that dancing is not for her and she didn't want to dance with any other partner.

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

See, I don't think Mark leaving would be enough to do it if they didn't have a drama llama to saddle up with Kate. Because Mark leaving would have meant Corky coming back, this time with a younger (less insane) partner. (Love Cloris, but day-um, woman....) Which would have been good for drama, but they have all the drama they can handle.

Better her than Pam, I guess, who's turning out to be a sweetheart who can poke fun at herself. Plus it really wouldn't be fair to ship off the new guy in week one!

13. Beto

Beto Active Member

Or week 2 like when Inna Brayer and Ted McGinley were voted off. I was bummed about that because I liked her.

14. chica latina

chica latina New Member

this show is starting to look like a soap opera... so much drama!! what's up with this stars trying to make the calls in how they need to be taught and wanting to do the choreography..

15. LucyDiamond

My point was that maybe Shannon asked to leave. Could have been the combination of the two.

16. Beto

Beto Active Member

17. LucyDiamond

Can you summarize or post his comment? I can't get twitter at work. :(

18. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Stupid workplaces filtering our internet! :)
    The asterisks would be the standard dances we can't abbreviate here. :)

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my past admiration for tony is well documented...but that doesn't mitigate my scorn for kate as a dancer and as person, from the admittedly limited window through which I have observed her

20. Beto

Beto Active Member

Wooh, that's brilliant. I was thinking of the other W word but Waltz makes perfect sense in this context. :D Anyhow, I sent Lucy the text of Tom's comment for the same reasons.