Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Mar 29, 2010.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Yep. I love Tony and I have voted for him without really caring about his partner before, but not this time.

2. TAK

TAK Member

Going to start voting for her too...I love her on the show and was shocked she was in the bottom 2! I may give a vote or two to Evan, too.

3. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

On season 1, they specifically indicated that in case of a tie between the judge and audience votes, that the audience vote would rule. Which really meant that the judge vote was meaningless. After that season, it seemed like the judges could add weight with their vote if it diverged significantly from the audience vote.

Of course the whole thing is optimized for drama in so many ways.

4. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Interesting. thanks for the info :)

5. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Yes, but the voting system has changed since then. Back then, they converted the judge votes and the audience votes to ordinals and added them, with the audience vote as tiebreaker. (The judge vote was only completely meaningless for the final two under this system.) Now they convert them to percentages of the total votes/points awarded and add them.

6. nimmity

nimmity New Member

I still love Len's advice to the stars.
    Turn up.
    Keep up.
    Shut up.
    It would be great if they'd do that for those of us who want to watch dancing not drama.

7. Another Elizabeth

Evan Lysacek tweeted that he has two broken toes.

8. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Oh no!!!

9. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

From what???

10. Another Elizabeth

He didn't say. His tweets today about it:

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Evan had something wrong with his foot before the Olympics. He decided not to try a quad because of it. Maybe he restressed it.

12. CANI

CANI Active Member

I couldn't sleep and decided to check out an episode on the abc.com web-site. I saw the rehearsal footage with Kate and Tony, and I'm really glad you wrote what you did above. I had the same reaction. That is one hurt woman. I don't know who she is, but I felt really bad watching her and hope she figures herself out in the near future to cut down on all that pain.

Fortunately, watching that has sent me happily back to responding to people, "Yes, I love ballroom dancing, but, no, I don't happen to watch Dancing with the Stars.";)

13. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Her biggest problem is she's facing being out of the limelight.

14. CANI

CANI Active Member

ok, I don't really know her whole story.

15. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

Interesting (old) article I just found about Pam Anderson. Evidently, she paid $20,000 to sponsor a gymnast who couldn't afford to compete in the Olympic Trials, so that she could have a chance at making the team... I had no idea!! Makes me see Pam differently!!!

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20150533,00.html

16. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I've actually developed a greater respect for Pam because of DWTS. If you watch her rehearsal footage, you can see she is working hard at learning, and not whining. Maybe I'm now giving her too much credit, but it seems as if the blonde bimbo thing is an act, and she is a lot smarter and wittier than she appears at first. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to have gone down well with the audience.

17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Pam

Pam has been around a long time, and has been able to be successful in more than one endeavor--as most of us our lucky to be that in just one! She is definitely known as a hard worker, and she has parlayed her looks to open some doors. She is definitely much smarter than given credit for...

18. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I'd never really paid much attention to her before...she has definitely won a new fan!

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Pamela Anderson

Pam has a significant record of charitable work and activism, including for PETA... And she definitely became one of the icons for a generation.

20. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

That's what won me over.