Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 2

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Dancelvr...

Dancelvr: A lot of people do not know that Pam is a strict vegetarian, and strongly for animal rights...

2. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

that makes her okey-dokey in my book.....for sure! Go Pamela!

just wish they would do something more ballroom suitable with her hair......

3. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that thinks that the show can put us "regular" pro am dancers in a negative light? We all work so hard several hours a week to learn several dance styles whereas the "stars", who often have dance/athletic/performance experience get to have non stop private lessons for one week to focus on one or two routines. I constantly have nondancing people asking me "well, can you do that move?" when they see a star do a "trick" on the show. And of course I try to explain that they are really learning a routine not how to do the dance per se. It kind of negates the hard work we do learning the syllabi for every dance and trying to be technically correct.

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I don't think it puts us in a bad light, but neither do I care to answer questions like that or discuss the differences or expect people who don't have the ability to grasp the differentiation...basically, I just dislike having to talk about the show at all...and yet, am asked about it...daily...I just try to be brief and move on