Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Apr 5, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I'm surprised that Kate was not in the bottom 2 and wish that she was the one gone.

2. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

So I guess it was good that he left before it became a Cloris Leachman thing... You know, he left while we still liked him, as opposed to staying on so long, it got annoying. He went out the same gentleman he went in. I felt the same way about the Woz... I loved his attitude, but when he left, it was time to focus on other dancers.

3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I could have lost Kate, Aiden, and Jake first. Buzz had a schtick (that was far more tasteful than Cloris's--she was more like 'things you NEVER want to see the elderly do' and Corky just had no edit button) that was charming and he was enjoying himself. Jake is annoying, Aiden's just not very good, and Kate.....

Okay, J+K+8 fans: STOP VOTING. She is AWFUL. You can go to any pro-am comp and see women in that demographic dancing just as poorly but they look like they're having fun, not like they're being tortured with hot pokers! *Buzz* was better than her. Everyone else on the entire show is more of a joy to watch.

Seriously even the judges seemed PO'd last night. I have this fantasy/fear they're going to break out the 2 paddles next week. Or Len will just go for the gold and give her a zero for technical. Pull a Master P and try and give her scores SO LOW that there's no mathetmatical way for fan votes to save her.

4. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

5. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

We think the judges should have a bigger say (percentage wise) in who should be eliminated. In our opinion the show's importance should be on dance competition first and secondary on a popularity contest.

6. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

danceronice, I agree with you... I will really miss Buzz as well.. I was just trying to find the silver lining. I've come to view Kate as "comedy hour" so the fact that her rabid fans choose to vote a million times to keep her on is not as bothersome anymore.

I wish that they had judges that actually knew ballroom, instead of just Len.. like they could have Len and then a rotating panel of ballroom professionals (can you imagine Yulia on the show... gaaahhh!!!)... but of course, I am really just being idealistic.

7. danceronice

Only if we replace Carrie Anne and Bruno with people who know their butt from their elbow where ballroom is concerned.

8. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

We would agree with that!;);)

9. danceronice

Works for me! That, or Len gets three votes to their two.

(And if it USED to be a cornfield, what are you in the middle of now it's not?)

10. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

It is now the site of our retirement home!

K&R's House

11. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

I wasn't able to watch the results last night, but I did hear the outcome. I'm just as glad, really, that Buzz is gone while his dignity is still mostly intact. I don't know what dance they would have given him next week, but there really isn't one that wouldn't have been problematic for one reason or another. Let the poor man go before he has to do a Rumba or a Tango.

12. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Poor man? He was a top gun fighter bomber pilot and fierce defender of freedom and liberty just a short while ago. Pitty, what ravage age can cause to a gallant man..

13. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I agree though... the age difference bw Buzz and Ashly would make a sexy/romantic dance very "dirty old man" ... it would come off weird. At least they wouldn't have had to do argentine tango. Frankly, I am just glad he left before he had to do a jive or lindy hop because then I would be concerned that with only 5 days to learn the dance, he might seriously injure himself.

that being said, for 80 he's looking pretty good and danced as well as I could have expected. I hope that he inspired a lot of older people to give dancing a shot.

14. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I'm ok w having Buzz or Kate eliminated... competition will get tougher and is somewhat painful to watch when they dance/judge them..

15. Me

Me New Member

It is difficult, but I will not include a long rant about a continuing trend of agesim, a downward spiral toward "reality" drama, or the sheer joke of how anybody is still calling this show a competition...

In short, this show is just too negative for my tastes. All it seems to do is make people upset. The dancers are upset with the judging; the non-dancers are getting the wrong message about dance entirely.

I just see no reason to watch it anymore. Sorry. :(

16. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Reba was enough reason for me to tune in.
    And, you know, I enjoyed the attempt to blend a few CW moves into the dances the pros did while she sang.

I always seem to lose interest when the people who don't have any chance of staying around long term are cut. Maybe I identify with them.

17. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Controversy attracts viewers.

18. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Don't be so sure. He was an officer and a gentleman, a West Pointer Class of 51, 36 years junior to Eisenhower. Most US soldiers know how to do Jive and Lindy Hop.
    He graduated top third and personally shot down two superior Russian Migs in a war. This means that he was very agile and athletic at one time. There is no escape from getting old.

19. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

I watch it for the fabulous pro dances we get to see on tuesday nights....that to me is worth it (though I will admit I hit the mute button when the judges are talking and I pay no attention to the scores). I also like to see how some of the most unlikely people get their eyes opened to ballroom and the joys of it. Which is why I've always liked Louis, he seems to be the one who is able to achieve that the most with his partners....

20. danceronice

And even though Buzz was the third class and they had...uh...relaxed a bit on their testing standards since Mercury (ie nothing that would be considered torture if performed on enemy prisoners like some of the first tests to chose the Mercury Seven)...he was INSANELY fit and above average on things like reflexes for even the military once or NASA would not have selected him for Gemini. They went from picking seven pilots from the enitre country to nine to I think maybe twelve in Buzz's group. He might not be fast any more but I'll bet he's still well above average for his age range.

Also, and why I would have kept him (and Shannon, come to that) over Kate, he smiled. He looked like he was having fun. He TRIED. Kate not only won't try, she looks absolutely MISERABLE. I look happier doing Standard and I'd genuinely, truly rather sprain my ankle than dance Standard. Kate looks like she feels stupid and this is stupid and she hates this and why is she doing this? So put her out of her and our misery, voters! Buzz could have gone the next week.