Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 3

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Buzz took it all in stride, even agreeing that the scores from the judges were fair in regards to his quality of dancing. He even called himself an "old geezer." While he wasn't "exciting" to watch, he wasn't painful to watch, like Kate. I would have wanted to see him for another week, too.

2. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

hearing his background doesn't surprise me as he was extremely fit for an 80 year old and was able to do the dances.... all I was saying is that my grandmother is extremely fit and energetic for an 80 year old and I wouldn't ask her to perform a complicated jive show dance after 5 days of training.... that was why I couldn't understand why Len was upset over Buzz's routine being simple.. I would rather see him do syllabus steps well than flail through some crazy open thing.

That being said, yeah, I was extremely sad he left and couldn't believe that he got voted off before Kate who, IMO, is significantly more terrible at dancing than he was. At least he seemed to appreciate the whole experience. Kate seems so out of her element, I think that Snookie would fit in more at Buckingham Palace. Kate seems miserable, and it doesn't make her fun to watch. People like Buzz and Woz who were far from the best dancers but clearly having a great time are so much more fun to watch than anyone, good or bad, who looks totally miserable.

Seriously, Kate must have some rabid fans out there... like people who vote over a 100 times through various email addresses and phone numbers. I usually cannot even remember to vote once (I've voted a few times this season), let alone hundreds of times each week, so she must have some die hard fans!!!! Oh well, at least she gave Jimmy Fallon the inspiration to do his "Paparazzi" dance LOL

3. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I also think that Kate should down a few shots before her next "performance" .... maybe that will help to loosen her up a little....

4. Nybz

Nybz New Member

:uplaugh:

5. Nybz

Nybz New Member

6. contracheck

contracheck New Member

A razor sharp observation. I wonder how you have acquired such ability.

7. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

The thing is, Buzz knew perfectly well he's a terrible dancer. But his smiles were genuine reflections of his positive personality and being happy to represent things he cares about (the space program). What, exactly, does Kate care about other than herself? So if her dancing is lousy, she has nothing else to represent.

8. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

DWTS seems to like to have at least one train wreck and/or controversy--at least early on. (Something along the lines of American Idol.) And based upon the amount of comments on the wreck that is Kate, it looks like they might have achieved that...

:p

9. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

What they accomplished was this week I didn't watch on Monday--I switched to Top Gear on BBC America. I was SORELY tempted on Tuesday to watch NCIS instead. Someone tell me when she's gone. If the producers are monkeying here, it's not doing what they think.

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Yes. Kate was on the cover of two magazines I saw at the grocery store.

11. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

oh my goodness, I am so sick of that woman.... unfortunately, she apparently has another reality tv show lined up after this one so I have a feeling that I will continue to have to see her in magazines and hear about her all the time. It is just overload!!!

12. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Actually, she has two shows lined up - Twist of Kate and several Kate Plus Eight specials.

13. anp73ga31

anp73ga31 Active Member

Not sure if this link will work or not (or if its even allowed), but one of our local radio show personalities was so disgusted with Kate's jive and insisted that she could do better even though she has never done any sort of dance in her life, so her co-hosts challenged her to a dance off and she of course did a million times better than Kate. Of course now she totally loves it and wants to keep dancing...hee hee, I love it when that happens...

http://blog.q100morningshow.com/2010/04/12/wendys-dancing-video/comment-page-1/#comment-412

14. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Thanks for that! Made my day :)