Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 4

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Apr 12, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I hope not but, I fear you are right.

2. chica latina

chica latina New Member

I just finished watching the show... i
    best tango:Anna + ice skater
    best rumba: ?? + Pamela Anderson, she surprised me..

Derek's partner was off, not sure if it was due for her attempting to do proper ballroom or due to being nervous. I dislike how the dress suit her.. she has a great body, but it bulge in wrong places and took any shape out, making her look heavier.

Kate did looked really nice! too much drama for me.

Felt bad for Chelsie's partner after he almost fell.. he lost his focus after that.

This season I'm fallling in love w Louis teaching style... which he was close to me, so I could experience it.

Did Cheryl really got a diamond ring? NICE!!!

I was a little disappointed w the pro's rumba (Dimitry + Kim).. for me her costuming didnt help her, if she's going to wear that, she better move her hips and it showed all flaws... maybe didnt have enough time to polish routine, but then... why not have a good pro/amateur couple do their competitive routine... it would have been much better.

This season, there is so much going on.. i think Edita + partner are in trouble, but we'll see.

3. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

chica latina I agree about Kym's costume.... it really highlighted the fact that she was not using her feet or straightening her knees....

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Maybe they were hoping dancing in her underwear would distract everyone. What the f..oxtrot were the costumers thinking?

Evan was great. Pamela was a pleasant surprise. Kate actually improved a bit (and re her custody battle, I'm going to have to side with Kate, considering her ex was fine with running around in bachelor pads in NYC with barely-out-of-their-teens girlfriends until Kate looked like she might earn some money again.) Aiden got worse, so unless his shirtlessness saves him I'm afraid it's toodles for him.

I wish for the demos of the 'required elements' instead of big flashy numbers (with flames no less) they'd just had the pros come out and just demonstrate THOSE figures.

5. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

I have paid as little attention as possible to the whole Kate thing before/outside of DWTS, so I don't have anything against her but a general distaste for people who put their lives on TV. That said, I actually hope she stays around another week or two. This week, for the first time, she experienced the pleasure of dancing and a sense of accomplishment. The look on her face after her dance was completely different from anything I've seen from her on the show--softer, more open, actually smiling! So, for therapeutic purposes, I hope she gets to keep doing it a bit longer.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Kate / Pam

waltzgirl, I agree with you. It would be a great example of the transformative power of dance!

Meanwhile, I continue to pull for Pam! :)

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I will concede that her dancing has improved and that tony handled her well this week...BUT, for therapuetic purposes, I think she needs to renew her nursing license and get her butt out of the spotlight...her kids are in school full day now...she wouldn't be the first single mother supporting a large family on a nursing salary...it is time for her to get back to what she chose...and to do THAT well....in private

8. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I didn't watch the show but I looked online and Aiden was sent home this week.... looks like we have another week of Kate.... I dunno who was the other person in the bottom two.

9. Angelo

Angelo Member

The show performances on the results show this week started out good and kept getting better.

10. fascination

neicie was the third...

anyhow...egads...think I will just stop watching now...never had much chance to watch previous seasons..and tonights results were were just...blech

11. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Since when would Travis Wall be considered a "contemporary and HIP HOP choreographer"??? Contemporary, yes. But hip hop, not so much.

12. New in NY

New in NY New Member

In Private? This morning she was on the Today show promoting a book of letters she wrote to her children during the time of her marriage breakup. I can't understand people who chose to put their life (or a facsimile of it) on tv, but it's their choice. IMO, it's another thing entirely when you exploit your children's inner life on tv and in print for your own financial gain and need for attention.

13. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Kate is the VoteForTheWorst pick for DWTS. I knew there had to be a reason for her to make it through, and America's stupidity couldn't be enough. Their message board went absolutely gaga that Kate danced to an Adam Lambert song, hehe!

14. Laura

Laura New Member

There were a bunch of DWTS people at USA Dance Nationals this past weekend. Did anything about it get mentioned on the show this week?

15. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

...and kate continues on! Who is voting for her??

16. fascination

squelching a very uncharitable thought

17. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I think I can read your mind. Either that or I'm thinking the same thing. ;)

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Kate is clearly the most provocative, talked about, controversial participant this season--as seen in and out of Dance Forums. DWTS seems to like to have at least one of these ongoing sagas (at least at the onset). It can make dance-knowledgeable people cringe, some of the things that they do; but as reality TV, they seem to play a card from the American Idol deck now and again. It just seems that way to me...

Remember the contestant (a hip-hop artist--his name eluding me?) a while back that kept insisting on wearing his own shoes instead of "proper" ballroom shoes? Got under the craw of Len something fierce. That was annoying--but he kept surviving the cut for a while, as he had enough people calling in to keep him alive. I felt sorry for his pro, who did not seem to have much luck with another celebrity partner in another season, either...

19. Laura, there were some kids doing a formation performance on the results show so maybe those kids were competing and the DWTS ppl were there to rehearse???

20. This week, I thought Kate improved a lot but I agree with everyone that during rehearsals, all that drama is just unnecessary. Anyone know why they are constantly rehearsing NY?

Oh and I really liked Nicey's performance too. I mean, the technique was beyond poor but there was something about it, simple yet deep. I too think they judges were super harsh on her. I love Louis as well :)

I feel bad for Nicole bc how she felt hit home for me. It's the same way I feel when I used to rehearse for comps. I know what I needed to do but my body just couldn't do it yet...it wasn't in my body. That to me is the most frustrating of all things. I did think she seemed like a bit of a sour puss in front of the judges/camera tho. It's like she didn't even want to listen or deal with anything. But, she needs to in order to improve.

I am beginning to enjoy Erin and Maks.

I LOVE Anna and Evan!!!!!!!! I don't know nothing about Standard but I KNOW his footwork improved!!!