Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 5

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, Apr 19, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

This week's dances are:

Pamela & Damian - Quickstep
    Erin & Maksim - Jive
    Kate & Tony - Foxtrot
    Evan & Anna - Rumba
    Niecy & Louis - Jive
    Chad & Cheryl - Quickstep
    Jake & Chelsie - Cha Cha
    Nicole & Derek - Tango

2. Another Elizabeth

Another Elizabeth Active Member

Louis and Evan have tweeted that they are going first and last, respectively.

3. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

oh why couldn't kate have gotten the quickstep?? that might have come out more epic than her paso!!!

4. Nybz

Nybz New Member

I think I'm happier with foxtrot :uplaugh:

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

au contrare....am w/nybz...I think her rigidity will be far more obvious in the foxtrot....I only wish it was international...

6. Nybz

Nybz New Member

... isn't is supposed to be? :rolleyes:

7. fascination

dunno...but that would be just dandy :)

8. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

oh but can you imagine her flailing around during the quickstep. And trying to do hops??? LOLOLOL.. I mean... it will be like a reprise of the jive!!!!! I agree though, foxtrot will be just as entertaining!!!! And by "entertaining," I mean "awful."

ps jake was way overscored....two 8's???? a 7??? were the judges watching the same dance as me??? I mean, he was very enthusiastic but the quality of his dancing was pretty mediocre and out of control!!

9. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

wow and pamela should NOT have received lower scores than Jake!!!!! what was that about??? she danced wayyyyyy better...

I do not know Kate as a person... but she does not come across as a like-able person in the rehearsal footage at all... not to mention the fact that her dancing was oh my goodness soooo terrible!!! hahahahaha Bruno's comment about the frock and the coat hanger was sooo funny!!!!! and tom bergeron: don't hold back bruno; tell us how you really feel. I swear, Tom Bergeron makes this show!!

oh and kate... please don't blame your kids for your bad dancing. also, please don't use them for justification for us keeping you around.

But, it did give Tom Bergeron fodder for another funny line... so I guess we are good!!

10. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

nicole's tango was really good... it was entertaining and I was happy for her!!!

evan was also really really REALLY good!!! *drools* omg can I just be naughty and say that that boy has the most incredible booty!!! ow ow!!! He was also really graceful.. and I was impressed that he could do the cucaracha hip action. Go evan!!!

gosh, can you tell I am rooting for him this season!!! yum yum

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Sorry, male Latin dancers, but male skaters still have the best booty (and I have had extensive opportunities to observe both. It's close, though, and most Latin dancers do have an increased likelihood of not being jailbait, so it all evens out....)

I thought Evan deserved to tie or outscore Nicole, to be honest.

12. fascination

having just witnessed international youth 10-dance...I beg to disagree...

13. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I agree with danceronice.... male skaters and male ballet dancers (I am dead serious, you could bounce frisbees off of their booties) have the most AMAZING rear ends!!

I think that it is because of all the jumping that you have to do... it should become law that all men do a lot of jumping... it works wonders on the posterior region.

14. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Just finished watching, and so agree with this. The little chachacha he did dance was far from good.... I would have given him 5/6's :rolleyes:

15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Quads do wonders for the glutes!

:mrgreen:

In fairness to Latin/Rhythm dancers, they are definitely up there, and some of us observers owe the inventor of modern Latin trousers a debt of gratitude.

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

In figure skating, beautiful people abound. It's wonderful. We've also got Tanith Belbin and Sasha Cohen. It's all good...

17. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

Oh yeah, the latin pants do wonderful things for the rear end...

Or Johnny Weir's infamous onesies (and those have sparkles).

But in ballet the men wear TIGHTS!!! I dated a ballet dancer for a while... Gosh, how could I resist???

And with that, this thread has gone miserably off topic. Thank you, male bottoms in tight garments.

18. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

LOL...it's been awhile since a thread has veered dizzily off in to the wild. have to admit I kinda' enjoyed it.

19. RickRS

RickRS Member

Len got on to Pam and Damian for "mucking about". For good reason, that was the longest non-dance intro of this season. Surprising, he didn't get on to Jake and Chelsie for a trouser-less start with a stop for Jake to get into his clothes before continuing :rolleyes:

I've said negative things about Pam's sex kitten personality in past weeks. She didn't dance that well this week, or last, but I'm impressed with what we've seen in the practice tapes; Pam is serious about this, works hard, and is really trying to do the dance, as best as she can. Points for her.

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To RickRS

RickRS, good points. Pam has achieved a lot in her life through hard work. She's been no different while participating in DWTS. No matter where she places, she'll be a high point for me this season...