Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DwtS Season 10 - week 6

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Apr 27, 2010.

1. RickRS

RickRS Member

Not a lot of time, so one comment: No way was Evan dancing as low as the scores the judges gave suggest. Lower than Pam (22), Chad (24), Erin (25), Nicole (26), and only as good as Niecy and Jake (21)?

2. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I will admit that Evan did have problems in his samba (I think that his long limbs probably just emphasized every error he did make)... however, Nicole's samba was similarly a mess (stiff, incorrect foot/leg action, very little bounce, etc), and she got praised?!?!?!?! Sometimes, I do not understand this show... That samba was not worthy of a 10. If they are going to slam Evan, they should treat her--and the other contestants--equally. It just makes me annoyed by her and it's not even her fault. It is bothersome that they choose to be critical of some people but not of others... it's ok to be critical, and Evan took his critique with grace, but the judges seemed to be going easy on some of the contestants.

Erin Andrews' samba also was messy, but you couldn't see her floppy legs beneath that really hideous skirt (I loved the top of the dress, but the skirt reminded me of a muppet).

I think that Niecey Nash improved a lot and I hope she stays another week. Jake's samba was a hot mess, totally out of control, and was way overscored (the same score as evan??? really???). Even my roommate, who has NO dance experience whatsoever, came in when Jake was dancing and commented on how bad he was dancing. Sheesh.. I don't even think he should have scored the same as Neicey...

OK ranting over.

I was impressed by Chad's tango.... but maybe I was just watching Cheryl?? Pamela also did a great job.

3. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

Also, I wish I could have opinions about the placements of the swing marathon, but I never really got a chance to look at the couples enough to see how they were dancing..

Evan just looked really tired. I saw Maks doing jive kicks at one point. Pamela and Damien did one really awesome lift that the camera almost didn't catch. Not surprised Nicole won, since the judges seem to be in love with her this season.

I wonder, usually when a contestant gets injured, it is mentioned by the judges, or by tom bergeron, or in the backstage interviews... no one ever asked Evan if he was ok after suffering a concussion. I wonder whether that (the concussion) would have affected his dancing??

Tom Bergeron is still the greatest thing about this show.

Brooke still has a LOT of room for improvement in co-hosting... that being said, at least she refrained from mentioning for the umpteenth time how she competed on this show with Derek!!!

4. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

On NO PLANET should Jake, Niecy, Erin, and Evan all have gotten the same score from Len for their dances. And Pam was underscored as well. I was *not* in fact all that impressed with Chad, either--it was okay, but it wasn't any better than Niecy's. (Just because the showcase was FUNNY does not mean her technique was bad. I'm no AT dancer, but I don't think every single AT dance has to be about a hooker picking up a john. Seriously, what would they make of early tango danced with two men?)

Though I have to wonder--between her blatant overscoring, unfair win in the swing danceoff (gee, Derek wins again with a stunt-y program, just like mambo...where's that eye-rolling smilie....) not-so-nice whiner edit, and Brooke cooing over Derek as the bestest partner ever every time they go back to the lounge for interviews, are the producers REALLY looking for a Nicole win, or for a SHOCKING ELIMINATION!!!? (Because they LOVE those.)

And Evan as always is more gracious than the situation warrants. He, Pam, Niecy, Jake, and yes, even 85, are class acts.

5. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Um...pretty sure she got one in. Nicole said something about just trying to keep up with Derek and Brooke said: "I know what that's like!"

:rolleyes:

6. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

Oh darn.... and I was so proud of her too!!!

7. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I readily admit that I might have just been watching Cheryl the whole time... I cannot judge her technique as I know nothing about AT, but girlfriend was working it!!!

And I agree with you that Niecey put out a good AT... big improvement for her.

8. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

ps how funny was the Bergeron line, "this show brought to you by the number 7" or whatever it was that he did say.... lolol that man is simply brilliant. I swear, it was like the judges had lost their other paddles... until Nicole danced. Then they miraculously found the high ones *rolls eyes*

I tried to put the eye rolling emoticon in there, but for some reason DF thought I had posted a link and freaked out.

9. Nybz

Nybz New Member

For DoI and Dancejoy

:rolleyes:

10. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

THERE it is....

Which is what I was doing all through the swing contest. What I wouldn't give for a SHOCKING elimination of Nicole.

And yes, Tom is as usual the most awesome host on TV.

11. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

I accidently caught some scoring last night. My blood pressure went sky high. This show could literally give me a stroke.
    In what world did Jake and Evan earn the same score? Evan at least did something. Jake did the classic routine, "Pro spins around me while I lunge here and there." Do the judges really actually think Jake is as good as they score him, or are they contractually obligated to keep someone from the bachelor franchise on the show?
    My household was impressed the band actually played samba-ish music, until Erin's hustle came along.
    85, I was so annoyed by the show at that point that I didn't turn away from my Mahjong game to watch.

12. Nybz

Nybz New Member

If you stop watching the show, maybe you can change your avatar, as there won't be as much head bashing :uplaugh:
    As it is, watching your rants about the show, and seeing that avatar go together so well.

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

*lol* I really like wooh's avatar: it's cute! It makes me smile every time that I see it!

14. Me tooooooooo :)

15. Just watched it. Here are my comments:

Jake & Chelsea: I was extremely turned off by this performance…yes it had nothing to do with the performance but more so the outfit. You know I watch this show for the pros and outfits too!! I really hated that Chelsie was wearing a pretty much identical dress to Yulia’s beautiful and unique dress from USDC 2009. Okay fine, it's stupid that it gave me an initial "bad" impression of this couple...but I still thought the performance sucked so Jake needs to go home.

Evan & Anna: I loveeeee Evan and Anna. I can’t get over how amazing Anna looks; she just keeps growing on me eventhough I already admire her :) I do agree with the judges points about the dance being too lyrical and lacking that Samba bounce/beat/rhythm etc. But yes, agree with everyone else that he STILL didn’t deserve to score lower than some other stars like Erin and Chad.

Nicey & Louis: I love the dynamic in these two’s relationship. I actually agreed with Len in that the “comedy” part didn’t interfere with the dance. Glad they didn’t overdo it. Nice to see Nicey's growth on the show. And her make up looked amazinggggggg ☺

Erin & Maks: This couple started to get a bit annoying for me. I’ve been a huge huge Maks fan. In fact, Maks and Mel B are probably my all time fav DWTS couple. But all this talk about Erin & Maks dating…who cares? And ABC tends to focus on their bickering etc. Bottom line is, dating or not, they should be dancing well if they are getting such high scores. Are they? NO. Their Samba was 10 times worse than Evan and Anna’s! “Your placement in the arms were spot on” says Bruno. When I was watching her I remember thinking her arms were a joke. And CAI saying she nailed it? Um ok.

Chad and Cheryl: I never really thought Chad danced well. Another couple where everything is focused on their dating and some $10,000 ring. I don’t care for this couple either. He barely moved in their AT. She did all the work!! It would be great if they go home too.

Nicole & Derek: Once again, Len was the only sane judge here. The routine was okay…I always like Derek’s routines but haven’t seen anything amazing from him this season. Bruno is crazy for giving her a 10.

Pamela & Damian: I liked that Pamela seemed like she really wanted it this week. She seemed like she was trying and pushing herself. I dunno if I liked the way she danced it but she seemed determined so brownie points for that???

The swing thing was okay…I liked the mambo from last season a bit more…but I like when they put the couples on the same floor for a direct comparison.

16. I feel the same way!! It IS annoying!! I wonder if the producers say anything to them about that.

17. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Can't get rid of my avatar. I mean, I do still visit the internet.

18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Addicted2Rhinestones

Addicted2Rhinestones, I like your takes! I agree wholeheartedly with you on both Pam and the Mambo from the other season. As well as Erin and Chad...

19. Nybz

Nybz New Member

I'd never want you to get rid of it anyway,
    I was just saying, without DWTS you wouldn't have much need for it :D

20. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I hope that a lot of people voted for Neicey... I sent her a most of my votes (I've only ever bothered to vote online). Her scores are very close to Jake, and I just hope that she gets a lot of votes so that Jake goes home.. I am not as intrigued by him as I am by her.

Maybe the gross overscoring will turn a lot of people against him??? I mean, it is kinda obvious that he was all over the place like a spandex clad monkey.