Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DwtS Season 10 - week 6

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by RickRS, Apr 27, 2010.

1. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

But he's THE bachelor. He's sooooo dreamy and romantic! And I just want to go fight over him with 20 other women because I luuuuuuvvvv him soooo much and it would be such a fairy tale!!!

2. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

You think??!! (tee hee) :rolleyes:

Sounds like a nightmare to me but somebody must like "The Bachelor" as ABC keeps producing it... :confused:

3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Over on the figure-skating forum Evan (natch, though it's really funny how soooo many people who came in HATING Evan are liking him now) and Pam got a WHOLE lotts sympathy votes last night, plus someone's mother actually was so incensed she was voting for Niecy. Meanwhile Nicole is...not viewed favorably. I think if anyone gets a backlash it's Nicole--she's so overscored it probably won't matter, but I don't think she won any fans.

4. plastic

plastic New Member

What did you guys think of Erin/Maks Samba? I agree with Len. I didn't like it that much. I didn't see what CAI and Bruno saw.

5. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

plastic, I did not have much of a reaction to it either way...

6. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't any better than Evan's.

For that matter, neither was Nicole's. I probably would have given all of them 8s, if Jake is a 7.

7. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

No more Jake!

8. sofi

sofi New Member

You know, for a guy who just suffered a minor concussion, Evan did extremely well. I've had one before and it's no easy feat to stay on your feet, let alone dance. I feel like I spent most of the following week sleeping.

I've loved Chelsie since SYTYCD, and I loved seeing her on the show, but Jake really needs to go. I'm sorry. After such a sweet, endearing, sincere guy like Ty and a personality like Louie, this guy doesn't even begin to compare. I still can't get over my first impression of him being extremely fake. Sorry Chels. Maybe you'll get a real man next time.

9. Gosh, I was so terrified for Evan & Anna. But justice has served. Now can Chad go home next week as well????

10. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

I loved the segment they did with Damian and Edita using all the sensors. 1800 pounds of pressure on the floor to jump into a split! Nice!

11. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

The costume actually didn't bother me.... I did immediately notice the similarities to Yulia's dress, but to be perfectly honest, what is wrong with having a dress that is inspired by the reigning US champion???

However, it gets me to thinking, does anyone actually believe that the stars really designed those costumes??? I mean, a few months into my dance career, I would have no idea what the typical ballroom trends were or what I liked in terms of styles... what worked for various dances, bodies, etc. I would think that if I had only been dancing a little bit, and someone asked me what I would like to wear, maybe my default would be to look up a picture of Yulia (provided I knew who she was), and design something similar. My first latin costume was "copied" from a champ girl I really looked up to... once I got exposed to more costumes (by seeing what girls were wearing at comps), I started to get more creative with my ideas.

I personally think that the stars probably do not design those costumes... they might have a little input, but I feel like they probably receive a lot of "help" along the way... especially the ones who would have no background with performance wear. Or maybe I am not giving these stars enough credit LOL.

12. I think that was Dimitry and Edita but yes, I REALLY enjoyed that segment too!! Makes you think how MUCH exercise ballroom really is :)

13. I am under the impression that Randall Designs is the official designer of DWTS and Yulia's dress was designed by Dance Allure (that particular one). It's one thing for people to be "inspired" by things but to downright copy. I'm sorry, I don't care for that. They could have done a good mix of a leopard print with black but they copied so many distinct aspects of that costumes. It's sad when I see things like this bc of the field I am in. I think there is enough creativity out there for everyone to come up with smth unique.

Being a beginner dancer that pointed to a dress and said I want smth like that is different. You're making it for wearing personally but Randall Designs sells those dresses (and essentially the unique design) after the pros and stars on DWTS wear them.

Also, I didn't realize last week was the show where the pros would wear what their respective stars designed. But yes, don't agree that they fully design it. I'm sure they just have a little input.

14. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Erin is quickly becoming another Joanna.

Nicole needs to stop pitying herself.

Chad needs to break out of his shell. Ditto for Pam.

Niecey, we get it, you like to eat. You don't have to make fun of yourself to diguise your insecurities.

I <3 Evan!!!

15. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

That is a good point... I never thought about it that way... however, not really much we can do about it. It was a very noticeable dress, and designs like that tend to get copied.. I always design my own costumes (love designing costumes!!!), and my designs have been copied before. I am usually flattered.. that being said, if it was a rival professional design service putting their label on something that would be worn on national television, I would probably feel differently. Oh well, what can you do?

16. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

agree with you... though Nicole annoys me more than Erin.. The producers seem to make a point of giving her some epically bad rehearsal footage.. or maybe there was no "non whiny" rehearsal footage to choose from?

I also agree about Niecey always talking about the food... however, I think she is funny and like her a lot..

I like Evan too, but I am yearning for the day that they put Johnny Weir on the show.. that would be such a fabulous parade of glitter and diva, it would be beyond awesome!!!! Evan definitely wins the "nice guy" award, but honestly, I prefer Johnny... goodness that boy is entertaining!

17. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

How much fun would that be? Except that if paired with Anna he would be speaking Russian and the rest of America would need subtitles. :)

18. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Oh god please no, don't put Johnny on the show. As a figure skater myself, I cannot stand him. He's so arrogant...but that's besides the point... I <3 Evan, big time. ;)

19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yeah, Niecey lost me...

20. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I used to figure skate and I still love him.... I think that Johnny must be like pistachio ice cream: people either really love him or really dislike him, rarely are people indifferent. LOL