Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 7

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, May 3, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

This week's dances are:

Pamela & Damian - Waltz
    Erin & Maksim - Quickstep
    Evan & Anna - Argentine Tango
    Niecy & Louis - Quickstep
    Chad & Cheryl - Viennese Waltz
    Nicole & Derek - Waltz

It's also Cha Cha Challenge week. Here are the teams and music:

"Holiday" - Madonna
    Erin & Maksim
    Evan & Anna
    Niecy & Louis

"Telephone" - Lady Gaga
    Pamela & Damian
    Chad & Cheryl
    Nicole & Derek

Should be a fun week.

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

I nearly fell when Len said that Erin had great posture last night. I enjoyed the dance, but I couldnt disagree with him more. Also, does anyone else notice how oddly turned out her legs/knees are during the latin dances (cha cha last night)?

Poor Pam - I really like her, but it looked like she was struggling through both dances this week. I'm afraid she might be going home.

Nicole's waltz was solid enough, but i'm expecting better posture from her at this point. she also seemed to have a posture problem in cha cha... she danced very hunched over. im relieved she didnt cry this week though.

I think Niecey had the best posture of all the girls this week to be honest. she has really improved a lot. i'm proud of her.

Chad is slowly improving, although I dont think he is improving as much as the judges seem to think he is. and i didnt think his extensions were always there, despite what they say. But i did like his cha cha. that boy has hips. Did you see that necklace he got cheryl for her bday!? and thats only one of many?! wow. how can she accept those things??

Evan was fantastic this week. I am really glad he came back strong and showed everyone the kind of competitor he is. And Anna is so good with him. disappointed he wound up tied with nicole for first because of the group dance. but happy he was able to claim the first perfect score of the season. :) The only criticsm i have for him is that his feet were turned in during the cha cha in some instances, but hopefully when he actually does the cha cha singularly he will improve that.

...and Brooke does it again, "I remember when i was training these long hours..."

PS- Hi LucyDiamond! Nice to see you at the AC comp! :)

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Just posted by Louis on FB:

4. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I am looking forward to their show tonight. I think that Karina was Louis's old partner yrs ago but those two got better over the years like old wines.

5. TinyDancer109

yes, i love Karina! and Louis is great too!

6. kckc

kckc Active Member

I've noticed Nicole's posture also the past few weeks. That is the one thing that has jumped out at me about her. I'm surprised the judges haven't mentioned it. Otherwise, I do enjoy watching her dance. Though Evan is growing on me, except for the turned-in feet last night. The thing that surprises me about he and Anna is that their height difference really doesn't seem to be an issue. Other men seem to dance "down" to their partner, but not him.

7. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Boo! I've really liked Pamela Anderson. Behind her public persona, she really seems like she's a sweetheart. I mean, she's an animal rights activist, and I can't help but like someone that fights for the critters.

8. TAK

TAK Member

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I'm totally bummed about Pam. I don't think my favorite contestant has ever left so early in the season. I thought she might have had a shot at the top 4, and to see her go before Niecey and Chad and especially Erin is just wrong! Boo.

9. TinyDancer109

wooh, i agree with you there!

10. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

Pam is not my favorite (Evan is), but it was a shame for her to go now. She's worked very hard.

Is it just me or is there something "off" about Erin?? She seems like she's "just not there" at times, arrogant at other times, and honestly doesn't look like she's having a good time. That being said, perhaps she WILL go home this week.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

agree...something is up with that

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Possibly stress? She did have the whole stalker/hotel peeping/death threats things going on. She may just be very stressed out by now.

I confess, I really cannot respect someone who campaigns for PETA or HSUS (as they are not benevolent organizations nor do they have the best interests of animals at heart) as it implies they are not especially informed or open-minded about animal welfare, and the difference between it and the extemist agenda of PETA's leaders (their ultimate goal is the extinction of domestic animals. "One generation and gone." They also support domestic terror organizations like Earth Liberation Front.) As such I couldn't vote for her. But I can respect Pam for trying hard and NOT taking DWTS as a joke but really putting in the effort to improve.

Really, all the stars this season except Kate have been unusally respectful and hard-working. Well, Kate and Nicole, but since she isn't really a non-dancer she doesn't have to try as hard. She can worry about her camera angles and trotting out disabled relatives for sympathy points.

Overall, once Evan was safe (and unfortunately Nicole) I could live with anyone going.

13. TinyDancer109

hmmm, did not know this. Thanks for the insight, DOI... i will have to do some research on the topic now.

*lol* you are too funny.

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

If Nicole has the time and energy to worry about camera angles, she shouldn't be on the show. Apparently, she isn't learning very much, or it isn't challenging for her. I always thought she was too much of a ringer to begin with, but her comment about camera angles did it for me.

Go Evan!

15. Nicole's attitude is starting to turn me off of her. One moment she's having a good time another she's very serious, almost pyschotic. It makes her bad postures and other mistakes less forgiving, at least for me.

16. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Wait, what did she say about camera angles?

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

let's leave the editorialization regarding peta for some other venue...

18. TinyDancer109

you can probably find the practice session on youtube or abc, but the gist of it was that, amongst other things, she got into an argument/debate with derek about the choreography of her dance due to her concern on the camera angles.

19. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Guess I'll have to go watch it again, I missed that somehow! Probably because I wasn't really paying attention because I don't care for her that much...

20. TinyDancer109

its from a week or 2 ago:

http:// www. youtube.com/watch?v=LZQF_VRkBbU