Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 8

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, May 10, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

They each have two dances this week. Here they are:

Erin & Maksim - Argentine Tango and '80s Rumba
    Evan & Anna - Waltz and Futuristic Cha Cha
    Niecy & Louis - Viennese Waltz and '90s Paso Doble
    Chad & Cheryl - Tango and '60s Jive
    Nicole & Derek - Foxtrot and '50s Paso Doble

2. RickRS

RickRS Member

Oh, lord, not a futuristic theme again :rolleyes:

Gonna roll out some robots doing a robotic cha-cha, yet again. Maybe Anna will surprise me with something different.

While I'm in that mindset, I also can't help but picture '50 Paso Doble with Lucy and Ricky Ricardo. ;)

3. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

I really liked the futuristic Paso last season. In fact, I like the entire idea of decade themed dances. Adds a lot of fun.

4. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

i liked the futuristic paso too...

5. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

did anyone else notice brooke's jab at melissa rycroft last week?

After melissa's skit, the camera went back to tom and brooke... and brooke said "glad we don't have her job".

6. TAK

TAK Member

'80s rumba basically has to be "Take My Breath Away," no?

7. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I'd like to call myself a stone artist. A dress without stones, like the one Karina wore last week, is like a day without sunshine. Tonight every dress had stones. The stone works were also fantastic to me. Cherryl's see-through black skirt looked particularly beautiful to me.

8. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Am I the only one who saw Vera Wang in the audience tonight? She showed two thumbs up to Anna and Evan, which makes me believe that she made Anna's dress.

9. contracheck

contracheck New Member

On the contrary to judges' praise, I think Evan's waltz was quite poor. His rise is too abrupt, and he dancedit like the Tango, too staccutoish. Do anyone agree with me?

10. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

Seeing how they made a point of showing her at least twice, no, I doubt you're the only one. Two bits of trivia... She was actually supposed to be on DWTS season 9, but withdrew because they wouldn't let her design her own costumes. And she designed all of Evan's costumes for the Olympics (not sure if this was mentioned in the show as I tend to fast forward through quite a bit).

11. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

I agree with the observation, though considering the short time they get to work on it, didn't think it was all that bad.

I thought they were extra harsh on Niecy's VW. Aside from a few awkward moments I thought she did a very nice job, certainly better than I would have expected. Everyone says how Chad is improving, while I think Niecy is the one who has shown the most improvement from her first few dances.

I thought the minimal amount of closed foxtrot Nicole and Derek danced wasn't exactly all that and a bag of chips.

They also went a little too easy on Erin. Somebody needs to tell her she should work on her legs and hips (and naturally Carrie Ann commented on how nice her legs were!).

12. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Vera is an ex-figure skater (she was inducted in the USFS Hall of Fame this year) and made Evan's costumes, along with famous dresses for Nancy Kerrigan (both her '94 costumes) and Michelle Kwan.

Dear Nicole: Shut up, stop blubbering. No one feels sorry for you because you were a dance major in college, a professional dancer, and it IS that easy for you. I'm getting really tired of her poor-little-me act, especially when she KNOWS she's getting a tongue-bath from the judges. If her scores weren't prohibitively high I'd be hoping for a shocking elimination.

13. TinyDancer109

:applause:

14. RickRS

RickRS Member

I seem to remember her being shown in the audience for several episodes this season. I was unaware of her skating past and her professional relationship with Evan so it interesting to find out the connection.

I'm going to guess the dress in question is NOT the futuristic cha cha outfit. Anna was channeling Milla Jovovish as Leeloo in The Fifth Element in her white bandage costume. Evan certainly wasn't the Bruce Willis character, however. So Anna did avoid the robot cliche' that all "futuristic" dance themes default to.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That pretty much sums it up for me, too.

Go Evan!

16. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Did you like Gary and Ritta Ghekman's performance? Am I the only one who was surprised to see them together?

17. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I think that they should invite Igor Litvinov and Julia for comedy performance. Do you agree with me?

18. TinyDancer109

i was suprised too

yes, that would be cute.

19. DanceJoy

DanceJoy Member

I doubt she designed Anna's dress since the show is obligated to use Designs by Randall. She makes Evan's skating costumes, so I guess she was there to support him.

20. I-Man

I-Man New Member

I was mesmerized by Ana's futuristic go-go outfit! :raisebro:

Poo on what they (the TV wonks) say about how "hot" Edyta is, Ana's slammin physique destroys me!