Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, May 17, 2010.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

The dances for this week are:

Erin & Maksim - Viennese Waltz and Paso Doble
    Evan & Anna - Foxtrot and Paso Doble
    Chad & Cheryl - Waltz and Samba
    Nicole & Derek - Argentine Tango and Cha-Cha-Cha

2. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

i have a feeling the samba will be difficult for chad.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

got to the hotel late...but loved evan and anna

4. New in NY

New in NY New Member

Evan !!!

5. kckc

kckc Active Member

Evan. Wow.

oh, and Nicole, was there a chacha in there somewhere? :)

6. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Evan Lysacek is the absolute cutest thing ever. I just soooooo want a little Evan to carry in my pocket.

7. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

are maks & Erin dating? It's been bugging me & she called him babe...so I was curious

anyways I loved evan as well & also nicole's tango. Wasn't a fan of Erin's paso..

8. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Ugh I can't wait to see!!! If I hadn't put off homework all day I would have gone to the gym tonight so I could run and watch it on my own little TV, but no, I am at home, with no TV pretending to do homework...sigh

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Evan's paso was impressive. I actually got chills. It was even impressive enough that I was able to forget about the band butchering the song. :)

10. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

WOW! WOW! That was the most exciting semi-final!! Everyone pulled more out of themselves than they had before!! That gave me the vicarious thrill of teaching!!
    WTG pros! WTG celebs!
    Especially Evan!!!!
    I had thouhgt in the beginning that he potentially had it in him, but then he was so blah for so long, I gave up on him. NOW he went inside as Carrie Ann said and pulled it out from his guts! I loved it! YAY EVAAN!!

11. chachachacat

OMG!
    Yay all of them!
    Chad - I did NOT think you had it in you! You go, Cheryl!!! You are a fantastic tecaher!!!
    I LOVED the Derek & Nicole routine!!!
    Even Erin looked good tonight, had more of herself coming out. Yay, Max!

Excellent job, pros! Excellent effort, celebs! Love to see this amount of progress!!!

12. Mengu

Mengu Well-Known Member

At the risk of sounding like mr grumpy pants here, I'll say I did not like Evan's foxtrot (was more like a bunnytrot), and did not like Erin's VW (her legs/hips just always seem awkward in standard). I think Erin also got an unfortunate song for the Paso, and overall did not have a good night. It is a bit unfair that Evan got to have the better music and production for his Paso, but he did do a good job there. Chad's waltz was a little too much standing around for me, but Cheryl did a pretty good job with him in Samba. The parts where he was dancing, were enough to impress me that I forgive the stuff they probably just didn't have time to work on. Nicole had two good routines.

At this point, I've seen enough good and bad for both Chad and Erin that I'll be equally happy with whichever one makes it to the final. I think despite judges scores, Chad is more likely to be there based on the voter demographic. Sure hope Evan or Nicole don't get booted off by sheer randomness.

13. chachachacat

That motivated me to vote online! Thanks!

14. Nybz

Nybz New Member

Anyone catch Len call Nicole Mya?

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I loved Evan and Anna's paso doble!

16. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

yup.

I havent finished watching yet, but i wanted to vomit listening to CAI talk about nicole's tango...

...i can respect that, but i think evan's foxtrot is comparable to Nicole's last week, so i'd expect anyone who didnt like evan's to also not like nicole's.

Ditto.

17. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Oh, good, I didn't imagine that.

Evan's only advantage going into paso was that he has an edge over some of the PROS on being able to do leaps and turns. Male skaters can JUMP and Evan can probably do at least up to his triple toe on the floor. (It's harder to jump on the floor than the ice, but most men manage to get at least the same rotations as their easier jumps. I'd love to see if he can do his quad toe on the floor.) But he rocked the whole thing.

I'm still underwhelmed by Erin--she always looks down, rarely smiles, and just doesn't have great limb control--but she's well beyond Chad. The final should be Erin, Nicole, and Evan.

Nicole is still :???:. That background film just showed--she was doing all those showdance routines for high-school theater. Whatever, honey, it's so haaarrrrrd for you. And Len was being very nice only taking one point off for lack of content on that cha cha--her "solo" was basically her *****cat stripper number. (And Carrie Anne needs to up her meds if that AT made her cry.)

18. Beto

Beto Active Member

I caught part of Derek and Nicole's cha cha and wondered where the cha cha was. Barely any content and almost 90% filler. I am *SO* glad that I haven't been watching this season (other than a few minutes of week 3 which I've already forgotten about) and instead have been reading the wonderful recaps here on Dance Forums. :D I won't say anything about Chad's samba and I really liked Evan's Paso with Anna.

Oh that was PAINFUL! If you're going to do an Evanescence song you need someone with Amy Lee's vocal range. DwtS's house band doesn't have anyone that talented. I was cringing anytime I thought about the music so I focused my attention on Anna & Evan.

19. TAK

TAK Member

Dialidol predicts Erin will go home. :/ Hope not, frankly. I think she's doing better than Chad.

20. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

So Maks and Erin did the paso to an absolutely horrible rendition of Prince's "U Got the Look."

Then Derek and Nicole did a cha to a marginally better version of Prince's "Kiss," with Nicole dresses in a Prince-like costume.

The only thing that could justify this slaughtering of classic Prince numbers would be if DWTS had snagged Prince as a guest star. I got all excited at that thought. I remember Valentin Chmerkovskiy and his then partner Valeriya danced to "Kiss" at OSB 2-3 years ago; maybe we could have a reprise of that...or all the pros dancing to "Let's Go Crazy" or "1999." How awesome would that be? But no--I read that tonight they will have Miley Cyrus. :rolleyes: