Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 10 - Week 9

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by LucyDiamond, May 17, 2010.

1. RickRS

RickRS Member

Assuming I've heard correctly, Tom introduced the four last night as each having place 1st in viewer votes on past shows. Really?!!! I find it hard to believe Chad actually got more votes than the others any week this season. Of course, its anybody's guess as to how the DwtS viewers are going to vote.

I expect Evan will get the honor of doing a call-back performance of his' and Anna's Paso on tonight's result show. The performance certainly is worthily.

Wonder if the fierce kiss Evan planted on Anna at the end of the dance happens again? Evan's so quiet that I believe that emotional display alone got him the 10's from the shocked judges. ;)

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Oh! I just remembered two questions.

1) "Slate wiped clean" was obviously the phrase of the night last night. Tom Bergeron emphasized it, and at least one of the packages did as well.

Um...isn't the slate ALWAYS wiped clean from week to week on DWTS?

Week 5 scores don't affect week 6 scores...right? So why the heck were they making such a big deal of this?

2) Were you surprised Bruno had to be cut by the censors? You'd think after this many seasons he would be all on top of the network rules.

My surmise is that he dropped the F-bomb and said to Maks "You [f-bombed] up"?

3. RickRS

RickRS Member

Bingo!

Did forget a camera crew mess-up from last night: For some reason they switched cameras when Erin was doing her solo part and for 5 or more second (it seem) all that was on screen was a shot of a dark hallway. When they switched back, Mak was coming out of the wings to rejoin the dance so we saw very little of Erin by herself.

4. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Did everybody like Chad's body?

5. contracheck

contracheck New Member

That sounds awefully simlar to my life here.

6. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I was so excited to see Kareem in the house! I hope this means he is considering being on the show.

7. New in NY

New in NY New Member

I thought it was interesting that three out of the four pros said they didn't like ballroom when they started as children. Not enough to convince ds tho.
    The two college teams were terribly mismatched. It seemed almost cruel to the Rutgers kids to have them on the same episode.
    Looking forward to the finale.

8. RickRS

RickRS Member

Made Mak look flabby in comparison.

So it's on to next week's final.

9. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

On Facebook, Evan was calling the paso doble the "Twilight" routine, so I think the kiss was supposed to represent a vampire bite.

10. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I think that's exactly what happened.

11. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

the creepy trees and lighting really added to the effect... kudos to Anna for creating a great production

12. contracheck

contracheck New Member

I guess everything in life depends on good timing. Max bared his chest at a wrong time.

13. Kits

Kits New Member

O my god...Evan's Paso doble *drools

14. ash_sk8s

ash_sk8s Member

Evan's paso was hot!

15. Joyful Dancer

Joyful Dancer New Member

Evan is amazing and I've always loved Anna

16. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Is there any reason why Utah has so many universities with such outstanding dance program? These universities are going to be the homes of future champions.

17. contracheck

contracheck New Member

Does anyoneknow how Derek suddenly injured his neck, shulder and side. He was in real pain, but his will to win was admirable.

18. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Do you think he might?