Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 20

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 11, 2015.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, that was unfortunate.

2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

The reaction over on the skating forums, where we kind of liveblog to each other was "WHO IS VOTING FOR THE BACHELOR BECAUSE STOP IT NOW." Anyone but him leaving was a crime. At least Robert can point his toe and looks like he's having fun.

theAnnelis likes this.
  3. kckc

kckc Active Member

Please Please Please let the double elimination take care of The Bachelor next week.

4. danceronice

At this rate it'll be Noah and Robert sent home....

5. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

yeah, what the heck just happened?!? :eek:

6. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I'm still in love with Riker

theAnnelis likes this.
  7. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Why can't Prince Farming just go? Oafie needs to leave.

danceronice likes this.
  8. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

riker and robert gone next week:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: jk

<------- ducks shoes thrown by the above listed posters

9. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

it could happen...

10. MaggieMoves

I think this actually is likely to happen. They don't have a massive contingent of desperate housewives blindly voting for either of them. Robert will probably be out the door the next episode.

11. davedove

davedove Active Member

I'm actually not too surprised. It was time for a "shocking elimination".

12. danceronice

There's two gone. I suspect it'll be Noah and Robert as I don't think Noah's got the desperate-housewives contingent and he's hitting his limits, and while Robert's better than the Bachelor, EVERYONE who's left ahead of him is. Even Patti, if she couldn't move quite as much, had a thousand times better attitude.

MaggieMoves likes this.
  13. MaggieMoves

Agreed. As much as I love watching Robert dance, as his attitude and enthusiasm just lights up the floor, he's just outclassed.

IndyLady likes this.
  14. danceronice

Oh, I'd keep Robert over Farmer Boy or Noah, honestly. Robert is one of those cases where he's not the best dancer, but he's having so much fun I can't help enjoying it (that's a nice change even from watching bronze showcases in regular dance events.) Noah does well but he's hit the point where story doesn't entirely make up for lack of ability. It's harder for him than Amy (not so much because she has her knees as much as she could be lifted, carried, hung from the drapes, laid on a table, etc and it's 'art', that doesn't really work with a man). And Farmer Boy...seriously, while I could have lost blonde girl first before him I'd taken ANY other previously eliminated contestant. Even Redfoo. It's attitude and his kinda sucks.

theAnnelis likes this.
  15. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Alison looks like she's trying to stop drowning in that quickstep. Head-trying-to-stay-above-water style. Riker's got great feet but I'm not really sold on his topline. That didn't deserve a 10 IMO.

Chris and Witney...much better than usual. He didn't look as awkward.

Val and Rue...I hate this song so much. This has been my least favourite of theirs...not sure if it's the song or what but it just wasn't terribly exciting.

Noah and Sharna...pretty cool. I think not having to do traditional ballroom/latin movements and technique worked for him. Wish we could lose the backup dancers. Shush Carrie-Ann. At this point I feel like I could put good money on Len saying "I just want dancing" at least once every week.

Robert and Kym...looked good but Robert didn't really do much actual dancing. And they keep trying to push the romance thing and I'm so not buying it. Blah. Whatever. Robert's a better dancer than Noah or Chris but tbh I like them better.

Nastia and Sasha...she loosened up quite a bit I think...Still not digging the whole cast and crew dance number. Just dance. Was pretty good, though.

Willow and Mark...I really wish they'd stop doing themed dances. It's like they think Willow needs them to express emotion or character? She's an actor. The costumes and themes are just kinda distracting and I'm not a fan. Futuristic Jazz what?

Dance-off...I think salsa was possibly the worst choice if you wanted to win against Riker and Allison. That's non-ballroom and probably one of their stronger styles. Willow isn't bad but I think her body just doesn't move as fast as it needs to. Noah and Sharna vs Robert and Kym...I think Noah almost did more actual dancing than Robert there...Rumer and Val vs Chris and Witnet...Rumer's got this before I even see them dance tbh. She's my favourite. Not a fan of this whole "I can't do a proper frame so I'll just do a cute little 'cuddle frame'" thing. Put your arms up and look strong.

Elimination...oh thank goodness. The subtitles on my version kinda spoiled it for me without the tense pause but I was getting worried there.

16. davedove

davedove Active Member

Did anyone watch the 10th Anniversary Special? It was cool seeing some of the former contestants, although I'm glad some didn't come back (Master P anyone?). What I really enjoyed, though, was seeing some of the pros come back - Louis, Anna, Karina, Chelsie. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see a few others - Lacey, Cheryl, even Edyta.

17. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Cheryl can't by contract with nbc her show I can do that airs soon

18. davedove

davedove Active Member

I had heard there was a conflict with her new show. These things happen.

My main thought on the show was that it should have been longer. It just felt rushed to me, like they were trying to see how many faces they could shove into one hour. A couple of faces I missed that might have been in the audience, but I didn't see them: Giles Marini, Kyle Massey. I know Sabrina Bryan was in the audience, but I would have loved to see her dance again (she was great on the DWTS at Sea cruises).

19. kckc

kckc Active Member

I thought I saw a tweet from Gilles flash by going into a commercial break. I just looked and he said was working on "Devious Maids".

20. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

Totally agree. I like the drowning analogy. She needs to lift from the chest/torso, not stretch/strain her neck. This is something I have been working to correct in my own smooth dancing (see, she is my alter-ego).

jiwinco likes this.