Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 20

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 11, 2015.

1. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'm not thrilled that Noah seems a lock for the finals and that it wouldn't surprise me at all at this point to see him win. I know, the show's not really about the dancing and his limitations certainly aren't his fault, but they're certainly there.

Lioness likes this.
  2. dncergrl

dncergrl Active Member

I really enjoyed seeing how the judges reacted to being on the other side of the fence. The tears for Len were touching, in part, because all of us can foresee a day when we can't dance anymore. I think only another dancer really gets that.

kckc likes this.
  3. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

no chance jude... noah goes home tonite riker in bottom two its a lock

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

We'll see. That's certainly how it should go. But there's not much difference in the judge's marks and Noah was getting an awful lot of support from people who normally don't care about the show even before the on-the-air proposal.

5. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Well, darn I got all misty over Len. I can't help it, I love the cranky old coot and the show won't be the same without him.

Lioness and danceronice like this.
  6. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Bruno created only the SECOND contemporary I've ever liked, and I want Len to choreograph for Derek from now on, because that's the best Derek's done in a long time as he does not NEED to throw in all the flash and trash he usually does. He can just dance and still outdo almost everyone on the show. And *sniff* Len....!

If Nastia pulls out a win here they better give Sasha and Len copies of the Mirror Ball because they brought it out of her-she's finally looking relaxed and committed. And I wonder if she might...

7. SadFace

SadFace New Member

Hope Nastia goes home. She's left me cold the entire season. Sure, her performances were great and well choreographed, but no personality at all came through in any of her dances. It was the same "focused face" in each one. And her Disney happiness came through as fake imho so I didn't buy it. Anyway, I hope Rumer wins it or even Riker (although I can't stand Allison). I love Noah and have the utmost respect for him, but I would think he'd be happy with getting to the finals and would find it fair that he didn't win. I think he has too much pride to want pity votes or to win if he was not the best. Just my 2 centavos. :D

8. sbrnsmith

What just happened???

9. SadFace

SadFace New Member

I'm not complaining :D

10. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

not surprised, really.

11. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Further reinforcement that the winning the show has next to nothing to do with quality dancing...oh well, really just means one or two fewer Derek routines for me to look up on YouTube.

12. dncergrl

dncergrl Active Member

I think Derek was let go because, with his injury, he is not yet ready to dance full out and a demanding final would be awkward with a stand-in for him. Got to rest him for the tour!

13. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Wow. Still shocked but thought rumer would will. Can't have a win by committee

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I've been watching the show the last few weeks, I wasn't surprised that Nastia was voted off. She didn't come across very likeable in the packages shown prior to the routines. And her dances didn't show much personality either. I'd had enough of Derek as well. When he was injured, I thought he should have bowed out gracefully and let Sasha take over. Instead, he inserted himself into Nastia and Sasha's routines, making himself the center of attention. And when they were on camera off the dance floor, he was right there, too. In my opinion, someone should have told him to take a hike.

danceronice and MaggieMoves like this.
  15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

A few other thoughts...

When I was watching Riker dance this week, I was thinking "he's the celebrity?? He dances better than his pro"

I'm glad Noah made the finals if for no other reason that he shows what is possible with dancing; he's an inspiration.

While I would like Rumer to win, I would not be unhappy whoever wins.

16. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Agreed entirely. He definitely came off as very overbearing, and watching earlier dances between Nastia and Derek... maybe she just didn't like him? She seemed to come alive more when she was dancing with Sasha.

Definitely would be happy with who ever wins, although I have a strong feeling it will be Noah.

17. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

I heard what happened, grr. The wrong couple went home, but it makes my life easier; my votes will all go to Riker now. I'm completely not against Noah taking it, though; what he's done is amazing and I love his partnership with Sharna.

I don't even watch the judges' critiques, but I can still tell they're trying really hard to swing it to Rumer. It is what it is, but I WILL NOT TAKE THIS LYING DOWN. (I hope that came off ironically melodramatic and not like I actually meant it. Even though I kind of do.)

sbrnsmith likes this.
  18. sbrnsmith

I started this season also thinking Noah is all that, however, have been meh on him last few episodes, and his on-air proposal to me felt totally like he was being emotionally manipulative for votes, and can't blame him, becos it worked.

19. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I honestly think he did it because he anticipated being voted off. He had a bit of a surprised look to his face.

Purr and danceronice like this.
  20. sbrnsmith

I totally disagree...it was planned on his part....Sharna even seemed to be in on it and moved out of the way....speaking for myself, I am just not a fan of public proposals, especially when it involves emotional manipulation and vote getting...

debmc and Lioness like this.