Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS Season 20

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 11, 2015.

1. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I believe she was referring to her costume; she looked down and gestured to it.
    You may be right as well.

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

That's what she meant. Erin went straight into "You have SOOOO much chemistry, and it even LOOKS like a wedding dress" and Kym was like "What kind of weddings do you go to?" gesturing to it. All it has in common with a wedding gown is it's white. The rumor is they ARE involved but they're clearly trying to NOT make it into a showmance if they are....

4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Charlotte mickinney. I gonna burn this name into DOIs brain

5. danceronice

I note you feel no similar compulsion regarding Bachelor Boy. (And FTR, I'll refer to her by her proper name, Carl's Jr Girl...)

Lioness likes this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Chris soules. My wife loves that show ...or prince farming as they called him lol

7. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Question for you guys...are you able to stream episodes through the abc website?

8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

I did it once when the show was locally interrupted by something stupid like a football game. The feed was very choppy, though it might have been my internetz connection.

9. danceronice

Not well, but I'm on satellite so the signal is not always the best.

10. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

I've tried it once or twice and gave up - like nikkitta and danceronice, it was very choppy.

11. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I recently got a VPN and thought maybe I'd give it a try through that but turns out it doesn't work anyway, haha.

12. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

I just found rips on YouTube that work better. I missed the whole show tonight due to an obligation. Few channels that put up stuff almost immediately.

Lioness likes this.
  13. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Was kinda hoping dances like Jazz and Contemporary were gone from this show. No such luck.

Dancing Irishman and Lioness like this.
  14. SadFace

SadFace New Member

Can they stop overscoring and raving over Patti? I feel like all her dances have been the same dance...o_O
    Also, not that I'm a sucker for sob stories or that I feel he should be scored differently, but Noah deserved higher scores. It was a contemporary dance, doesn't everything go? He performed everything well and I didn't see any mistakes.

15. Generalist

Generalist Active Member

The tango with Lynch and Holker was done to ridiculous rock music. It didn't look or feel anything like a Tango but they got good scores. For some reason DWTS often does American Tango to stupid music.

nikkitta and flightco like this.
  16. danceronice

I loved Willow's dance and I normally hate contemporary (maybe Prim would have done all right in the Games after all!) And I'm really enjoying Shark Tank guy (Robert?) He actually does work on his frame and he seems to really enjoy himself, and it's *not* all "pose while Kym does something" (which is all Bachelor Farmer and Michael Sam did with their pros.) Riker had some issues with his tango but honestly, I felt like most of them were really Allison's fault. *I* can handle a guy with dubious tango frame better than that. Her frame wasn't any better than his. As far as Rumer and Val's "waltz" went...uh, they danced it really well but that was just not waltz music. At all.

At least if there was only going to be one couple in the bottom who really deserved to be there, they were the ones who went home.

IndyLady and SadFace like this.
  17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The music for Rumer and Val's waltz was atrocious, but I couldn't help but role my eyes at Len's grousing about the lack of whisks in a smooth waltz routine. I honestly thought the content was fine, particularly given what he had to work with.

I would dearly love Val come out and have them dance a straight-up standard Viennese when they get that dance and as Len if *that* makes him happy.

IndyLady likes this.
  18. danceronice

I would actually like to see someone come out and dance just a straight Viennese. And to be fair to Len, the show has never actually called for Smooth Waltz or identified American Smooth as a separate discipline (even when they had the American Smooth champion on the show as a pro.) Though the elephant in the room was pretty much the music-they were dancing more or less waltz choreography to something that isn't a waltz.

j_alexandra and IndyLady like this.
  19. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I would much rather they label that music and routine "jazz inspired by foxtrot" - I don't mind the lack of whisks, but it lacked the characteristic rise/fall and vertical stretch of waltz (I didn't see either dancer get above a low ball, and they didn't even try to deviate from QQQQ timing in a lot of steps). I wonder if the judges are barred from commenting that the music selection was downright attrocious?

I would deeply despise seeing that. The 6-8 beats out of every smooth/standard routine that are a straight-up bronze syllabus figure are an eye-searing reminder that the celebs are learning very little dance quality fundamentals during their journey (relative to the level of anyone whose basics I'd be entertained to watch).

Watching this week's videos made me wonder - do the "professionals" on the show do anything to keep up / improve their dance technique (quotes added because some of them hadn't even competed beyond the youth circuit before joining the show these days - far cry from when folks like Karina and Jonathan were the norm). I noticed a lot of stiffness during the openings outs and sliding door in Witney's rumba and I'm curious if it's something she'll work on or if I should just be watching rumbas on this show from the ribcage up (probably that one).

20. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

There's a Red Wedding joke in there somewhere.