Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > DWTS season 22

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by sbrnsmith, Feb 17, 2016.

1. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Poor Edyta. Doug Flutie looked quite uncomfortable too, sadly. I adore Karina and would like her to stick around for a while.

2. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Doug might be first or Geraldo depends on fan base, mischa not so good either

3. Mr 4 styles

I'm sorry. Artem and keo need to learn standard and some smooth. In a hurry!!! Or their stars are toast

4. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Mark was wearing a ladies blazer. And I was so distracted by his weird hair that I almost forgot to watch their dancing- I did like his partner however

I can't figure out why they keep giving Keo so many chances to be on this show??

IndyLady likes this.
  5. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Mischa might be the first to go. Most of her fan base has moved on... Geraldo is much more likable even though he barely danced. I feel a bit for Doug Flutie... I think he can get better, but it probably won't be for awhile. He's definitely in "beginner's hell."

nikkitta likes this.
  6. IndyLady

IndyLady Well-Known Member

That blazer was god-awful. I can't imagine it making it out of a Goodwill store, let alone on stage on national television. And it didn't even coordinate with her dress. Did he somehow sneak past the costume guards (like kids sneak out of the house dressed in clothes their parents wouldn't approve of)?

MaggieMoves likes this.
  7. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Geraldo is the old guy who tries and knows he's the goofy old guy. He may get by purely on that for a bit as he seems to have a good attitude. For dance aptitude, I liked Mark's girl, I think it was--Paige? The fighter?

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  8. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

And she's from Oregon, I see.
    "I want them to see I'm a girl, too," she said.
    Yeah, I noticed that.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  9. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Wanya was the fave and Paige was, I think, the best girl. Her personality reminds me of myself haha and I get Shawn Johnson from her. Jodie was great, too. When I watched it a second time, I realized that her routine was pretty basic (even though I liked the choreo) and she just made it look better than it actually was. I REALLY loved Kim Fields and Sasha, and I'm so glad he's a teaching pro again! I don't listen to the judges' critiques because I can't stand listening to their BS, but I hear they compared Ginger to Bindi.

Um...not even.

10. Mr 4 styles

Ginger was very good too. And keo gave too simple a routine to Jodie. She's a trained dancer. Treat her like one!!

11. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Missed about half of tonites show- but loved Wanya.

What made Edyta come back?? There is always that chance of being a week 1 elimination.

BTW- I love Karina, but what on earth has happened to her face? Nothing against plastic surgery- but at least get a good surgeon with good results.

12. DerekWeb

DerekWeb Well-Known Member

I was two feet away from her a few weeks ago. Her face was fine.

13. Mr 4 styles

She is hyper lean right now. It has changed her appearance a bit but no surgery I bet

14. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Yeah, I thought if anything it'd be the combination of the fake tan and the contouring. Though I'm still trying to figure out how she looks so different from this:
    http://farm1[dot]static[dot]flickr[dot]com/49/155441119_b66615e137[dot]jpg

Thoughts, anyone, on this week? I loved Paige and once again, Wanya is the Manya.

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  15. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

He is a nice surprise to this season. He definitely is fun to watch. Knows exactly how to please the crowd.

I think Peta failed Nyle. He did a great job, but the choreo was way too hectic for a rumba. He did perform it well, it was more on her end... I think she understood that though. But it only being week 2, a slow rumba might have exacerbated any problems he had and he might have done worse. Way too much "contemporary."

Val/Ginger... come on. They only did about 30 seconds of actual dancing, and maybe 2-3 moves were actually samba. Everyone else I think did much better.

I think Jodie is the best actual dancer out there, but she has a pro in which people don't expect much of. I think they did a great job.

It was nice to see Doug Flutie get out of "Beginner's Hell" a bit, but I still didn't think much of that Paso. It is a very difficult dance for a newbie to pull off though.

Overall, I think I would have liked to see Geraldo for another week and see Mischa go. Even though he was terrible, he was still having a ball with it... and he had a sense of humor about his ability (and lack thereof) on the floor.

16. theAnnelis

theAnnelis Active Member

Peta absolutely failed Nyle. I heard last night referred to as the Great Choreography Robbery :p was it just me, or was Peta dancing extra violently? Nyle danced it beautifully, but there wasn't much shade and light - he was whipping Peta around at warp speed through most of the routine, and I didn't see much rumba timing. That could, however, be due to the fact that maybe she didn't figure out how to teach him rumba timing? And especially with the song they had, there probably wasn't a ton of vibration for him to feel through the floor to pick out the timing.

The longer he's a pro on the show, the more and more time Val is spending dicking around at the beginning of his dances. I don't get it. Especially because Ginger is actually quite a good dancer.

I do really like Jodie and I think Keo is capable. I mean, when I noticed how basic the tango choreography was, I realized I didn't notice the first time I saw it because she actually made it look really good. HOWEVER. She will not make it through the season if she keeps having a meltdown every week. The fact that she lost it in week one doesn't bode well.

Doug, I love. Everyone kind of flung him off to the side, and for all the hype over Antonio and Von, he sure schooled the young bucks in how to work hard and persevere. Plus, neither Antonio nor Von are doing it for me at all.

I totally agree with you on the elim, though - at least Geraldo was having fun, which is what this is about. Mischa, see...that's a hard one. She doesn't look like she wants to be there, but apparently she's just really fragile and insecure and she just seems to feel like Artem isn't being very nurturing. But to me, it looks like Artem really is trying to make this a good experience, but she doesn't want any parts of it. And I don't watch the judges' critiques (since season 18. Because they don't make sense), but I saw her face fall and then she ran off camera. Artem quietly followed immediately. Not sure why, but this season is making me like him a lot more. Not that I ever disliked him, just saying.

Again, I really love Paige. But as impressive as he was, I'm not sure Alan came off very well last night. Camera mugging during the dance, first of all...and then in the skybox, he's all, "I'm sorry Mark is injured but THIS IS THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE!" And then the fact that Mark kind of got relegated to just standing off to the side when he's the actual partner, not to mention the one that did all the work...that whole thing just didn't sit well with me. When Shawn Johnson had those times with Derek and Mark, no one got pushed to the side. Except maybe Brooke Burke, who tried asking inflammatory questions and got shut DOWN. Ah ha.

On the other hand...I thought Geraldo's dance was HYSTERICAL.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  17. Mr 4 styles

Sharna and peta both gave too athletic of a rumba to their partners and it showed. Not enough romance or light and shade.

18. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

19. davedove

davedove Well-Known Member

IndyLady likes this.
  20. Dr Dance

Dr Dance Well-Known Member

Perhaps that type of humor is indulged because the show wants to appeal to a broader spectrum of fans.